SVGN-032 Tip increase error occurring after tip change

• AlanT96

Changed the title of the thread from “SVGN-032” to “SVGN-032 Tip increase error occurring after tip change”.
  • This is a common issue on new custom guns during their break-in period. There could be several problems here, the help diagnostics on the pendant is descriptive for this fault. If it is constantly happening every cycle, your caps look ok, and TW_SETG1 was run properly, it may be time for an autotune.

If autotune does not fix the issue, I know changing these system variables can resolve the issue: $SGSYSCFG.$MINIMUM_TRQ from 1 (default) to 100, and $SGGUNx.$SGTWD.$DIV_STROKE to 100 (x being your gun number). I have not been told what these variables do exactly.

• This is a common issue on new custom guns during their break-in period. There could be several problems here, the help diagnostics on the pendant is descriptive for this fault. If it is constantly happening every cycle, your caps look ok, and TW_SETG1 was run properly, it may be time for an autotune.

If autotune does not fix the issue, I know changing these system variables can resolve the issue: $SGSYSCFG.$MINIMUM_TRQ from 1 (default) to 100, and $SGGUNx.$SGTWD.$DIV_STROKE to 100 (x being your gun number). I have not been told what these variables do exactly.

Thanks, i have never ran Autotune before. Can I run it during production, when they go to lunch? or could it cause any issues where I need to wait till a weekend to do it?

• If you have never run it before, it is probably best to wait for the weekend. It isn't difficult, but there is a procedure to follow. You must verify gun parameters and perform a gun zero master with fresh caps.

I'm having tip increase faults after every tip change.

After rereading your original post, I am now confused. Is the tip increase fault after a cap change, or a tip dress? or both? I was assuming this was occuring after a tip dress because the wear update program is called after a dress, I believe.

• It's been a problem as long as I've been working here. (A few months) I guess people have just been hitting auto every time. It only cap changes about 2 or 3 time a shift. I believe it was mastered properly. It is group 2 X- to open X+ to close if that's what you're asking.

• it is happening after tip dress. But only the tip dress that happens immediately after changing caps

If this is the case, it sounds like the reference isn't being reset after new caps. What is AR[2] for the program you've shown above? It looks like the wear is reset with the program call on line 52 if this register does not equal 1.

Advertising from our partners