Robot keeps pausing in auto after each set of moves

• Hey guys, working with a R-2000ia with a R-J3iB controller, I'm completely new to Fanuc so forgive my lack of knowledge.

I have created a simple palletising program as a test. After running the job in teach I put the robot in auto and the robot pauses after each iteration of the pallet position meaning I need to press cycle start again. I have my program in a loop so I don't think it's anything to do with software...what am I missing here?

• Check whether system is in STEP mode or not - check the status LEDs on the left side of the TP screen - is STEP green or not? If it's green (STEP mode is ON), press a STEP button on the TP keyboard to disable it and try running your program again.

• Hey guys so the paused only appear to be happening stepping through the palletising part of the code. Ran a job with a few random moves and it worked fine

Any thoughts?

• Ok, you are using the word "stepping", so obviously the robot is going to stop after every motion

As far as stopping at the end, that's correct too, robot runs the program and stops because it's finished

You can fix this using a LBL at the very begging and a JMP LBL a the end, so when robot reaches the end it will jump to the top and continue on

WARNING, be sure that the robot can move freely from last point to first point,

The other thing you can do is set up the robot to continuos instead of single cycle

Retired but still helping

• I think you miss my point, im calling this job from a main job (which is in a loop)

When it calls the pallet job it requires me to press start again, same for if when it's finished. This only happens when it's a pallet job I have other jobs that just calls a job with moves and it'll run continuously fine whilst jumping between jobs

Edited once, last by Joel.map ().

• no they are just palletising commands that appear when you do a pallet job.

From the job screen I got inst>palletising>palletising_B from there I input my parameters, teach my pallet size and approach points and complete and that's just how it reads on the screen. Am I missing something in that section that I'm not seeing?

really appreciate the help tho and thanks for your time.

Advertising from our partners