Robot does not move in Manual

• Hi,

I have a robot that doesn't want to move in Manual mode with the door open.

Everything works fine in AUTO and I'm able to move the robot in MANUAL with the door closed. But as quick as I open the door, I can no longer move the robot.

The door is wired to the AUTO STOP (AS). I have verified that the security input goes from 1 to 0 on AS 1 and AS 2 when opening the port.

When opening the port in manual I get this message (Sorry for the French)

Arrêt provoqué par une protection

2022-01-20 16:49:43

Le système est dans l’état Arrêt provoqué par une protection. Le système s’arrête après être passé du mode automatique au mode manuel, soit après l’ouverture du circuit Moteurs en marche déclenchée par un arrêt d’urgence, un arrêt général, un arrêt automatique ou un arrêt supérieur ou si la gâchette de validation a été relâchée en mode manuel. {args: }

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious here and I would love a hint on how to trouble shoot this problem.

I have a :

IRB6650S-125/3.50

IRC5 with robotware 6.06.01.00

EDIT 1

I'm not sure when this problem occurred. But I did expanded the working area safeZone a few months back. But I fail to see how that could have any impact.

EDIT 2

I have changed some stuff. I have removed a light curtain that was in the chain that was connected together with two ports on the AS input. I get the same problem with the two ports. Anyway, I went over the electrics several times and the inputs AS1/AS2 seem to work fine.

Edited 2 times, last by Mikael: More info ().

• and ES (external stop) ,if working with external PLC take a look and on SS(superior stop)

No, it is a standalone robot - no PLC.

ES seem OK. SS is shunted since delivery.

you have SafeMove?

I do. I just added a comment about it. I actually expanded the safeZone for the working area a few months ago. Expanded it a few decimetre.

• doesnt look like a safe move problems.

actually its looks like as inputs open in the safety circuit, but you said is all ok

Maybe the switch auto/manual is your issue

I don't have much ABB experience, I work almost only with FANUC. But I agree.

And yes, it does seem like an open safety circuit but they seem all OK.

I have changed some stuff. I have removed a light curtain that was in the chain that was connected together with two ports on the AS input. I'll add that to the question. I get the same problem with the two ports. Anyway, I went over the electrics several times and the inputs AS1/AS2 seem to work fine. That's why I'm a bit lost :neutral_face:

• take a look on this thread, the problem is look almost the same

• take a look on this thread, the problem is look almost the same

That is very similar indeed. Thanks !

I have the operator panel deported and when we had electricians doing work a few weeks back they managed to break the Ethernet cable. Perhaps they got a few wires in the other one too.

Would that be the security signals AUTO1/AUTO2, MAN1/MAN2, MANFS1/MANFS2? And in your case, MAN1 or MAN2 was missing?

Edited once, last by Mikael ().

• Status update.

I'm not in the factory but a technician checked the MAN1/MAN2 signals and MAN1 is missing in MANUAL mode.

Thanks Dudz!

I clearly didn't read the event logs good enough. There is an error message for this problem. (once again, sorry for the French)

E Sécurité 90241 Conflit de mode de fonctionnement 2022-01-20 16:48:56 Il y a un conflit entre le mode de fonctionnement sélectionné dans le sélecteur de mode de la face avant de l'armoire de commande et le mode réel détecté par le calculateur des axes. {args: }

• I have a similar problem with As1/As2 stay value of 1 even if all safeties are jumped the robot is a plasma welder, pilot goes ON but tig welder don't turn ON in auto or in teach doing fwd, but if IOs are triggered manually it works fine, irc5 with fronius 2500transtig n plasmamodule10, controller used to have plc

But all plcs communications are deactivated as far as I was told

• we have this issue with Event Message 90241 (Operating mode conflict) as in attached photo

I need support to explain about and solution please.

(Robot IRB 1200)

• we have this issue with Event Message 90241 (Operating mode conflict) as in attached photo

I need support to explain about and solution please.

(Robot IRB 1200)

Please provide the controller type and information regarding it's safety connections. There was no picture attached to your post.

Advertising from our partners