Timing pulley like Bevel Gears

• Hi guys,

i use a Timing pulley that need to rotate from vertical axis then generate a rotation on horizontal axis like, so it should do like what does Bevel Gears.

How to do that with those working with timing like Timing pulley?

Thanks

• Actually some KUKA robots used the same setup in wrist.

notice that idlers (guiding pulleys) are barrel shaped. this is used to guide belt back to center of the idler.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• if you watch closer case "a" and the yourtube video in previous post, you will see that toothed side of the belt can be on idler too. btw "a" and "b" are actually the same setup. the front gear is simply rotated about axis of idlers.

in case "a" it is up ("12 o'clock"), in case "b" it is down at "9 o'clock". so in case "a" belt just wraps more about idlers. you can literally take that gear and while keeping belt tension move it all around (12,11,10,9...6 o'clock). that is full 180deg placement range.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners