Robotstudio virtual robot speed

• Hello all,

I have helped a customer to finish a robot cell program, but, now it's time to improve the cycle time it takes to finish a part, I am using RobotStudio to do that: I make modifications in the robot RAPID code and then launch the program, seeing the result in the 3D view.

I open MainModule in the RAPID editor, set the PP in the testing function and press F8 (launch).

It takes almost 3 minutes to finish all the process.

I would like to compress this time to be able to make more tests in less time.

I've tried to change the simulation speed relative to real time value in FILE >> Options >> Simulation >> Simulation clock >> Simulation speed setting it at maximum and checking the checkbox. None of them helped me, the computer is brand new and powerful so this is not the cause...

Am I missing something?

Thank you all!

• You know that you can right click on the Robotstudio icon and there will be a menu box appear. One item will say "run with graphics processor", allowing you to select the high performance graphics card rather than the built in graphics processor. Also, there is a setting in one of the config files that you can set to always use the higher power graphics card.

• You know that you can right click on the Robotstudio icon and there will be a menu box appear. One item will say "run with graphics processor", allowing you to select the high performance graphics card rather than the built in graphics processor. Also, there is a setting in one of the config files that you can set to always use the higher power graphics card.

Do you mean I should right click the robotstudio.exe file? I can't see the option you say if I do that...

Sorry for asking something that obvious...

Thanks for answering Lemster!

Advertising from our partners