Is it possible to increase max velocity? KRC2

• Hey everyone,

Please excuse me as I am novice with the Kuka software and Kuka in general.

Currently, I believe my robot has a max velocity of 2m/s which I would like to increase, however most things which I have tried from online resources has not worked.

When I try changing the speed within a movement instruction I get the following message:

"VEL limited by maximal value = 2"

If anyone has any insight on this, please let me know.

• Lookup this discussion from last week:

Short version: in inline forms no.

Otherwise yes to some extent.

When I try changing the speed within a movement instruction I get the following message:

"VEL limited by maximal value = 2

So whats your movemnt instruction?

Fubini

• Thank you for linking me to that post, I will try changing the velocity "out of line" next time im working with the robot.

I believe that will solve my problem, if not ill be back here.

• The same way as mentioned above. This is not different for a KSS running on a KRC4 based controller. In expert programs you can assign values up to 3m/s directly to $vel.cp. In case of inline forms you are limited to 2m/s.

Funini

• same goes for low velocity. inline forms are limiting how slow motion can be. without inline forms one can go slower.

and who wants to go slow anyway? those using robots to polish astronomical mirrors do.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• $BWDSTART = FALSE

PDAT_ACT = PPDAT7

FDAT_ACT = FWpickup1

BAS(#PTP_PARAMS, 150.0)

SET_CD_PARAMS (0)

PTP XWpickup1

in PTP i fixed it to 150 but it still doesn't change the speed

• Because its percentage value and more than 100% is not possible. Lookup the logic inside bas.src.

Do actual and commanded velocity fit?

In general you should give a lot more details about your specific problem. Otherwise help will only be very limited.

Fubini

• BAS(#PTP_PARAMS, 150.0)

No. Maximum speed for any PTP motion is 100%. That is the physical maximum for the robot under current conditions (payload, pose, inertia, etc). Attempting to use BAS.SRC to set a value above 100% will be truncated to 100%. Attempts to force the system PTP velocity to anything higher than 100% will simply fail with an error.

Advertising from our partners