Install new software

• Dear Sirs,

We have problem in kuka robot when we running kuka stay on 10%and after minutes we face to cross 3 and not load software..I want to install new software ..we only in drive D have Kuka_CD&Kuka _Operation .. please help me how I can solve problem

• Do you have the new software whatever this new software might be. Windows Embedded? KSS?

If you do not have the necessary installer files there is only one legal supplier conveniently called Kuka. Just contact them providing necessary information from your system like robot serial number.

Otherwise be more specific on what you need help for? Reinstall procedure? Diagnosing error with cross? ...

• Dear Sir,

We dont have new software..

But in D drive I see 2files Kuka_cd& Kuka_operation ..also Kuka don't Support me Because Iran is under sanctionsI do not know what to do

• what ever you do - first make sure to get full backup. and check the version of included software.

you can look it up in D:\intern.zip\am.ini

then look for CDs that your robot should have come with.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Because Iran is under sanctions. I do not know what to do.

as stated, create backup (make image of HDD) and make sure to gather as much info on used versions.

make sure that you have all installation files. normally copy of KSS and options is on D:\.

So check AM.INI as stated before. The only thing missing is Windows XPe.

But since controller already boots to windows, it is a very good chance you don't need to touch that.

You may choose to reinstall KSS and options. (make sure you have those).

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Usually there is no admin privilige necessary because KSS is always installed in a single user account having adminstrative privileges and requiruing no login. This user account is setup bei the Windows XPe image. Hence who did change this and why? Only exception I know requires KUKA.Non-Admin installed. Is this the case?

You could try:

Fubini

• Dear Sir,we have one kuka robot with below specification
    Type KRC2 ed05
    Serial-NO 91246
    I have this problem which

software KRC V5.6.8 stay on the 10% and after minutes show cross 3.. what I have to doing I have backup also have other file in d drive hdd..

Can you help me with remote..I also tried in krc / bin /Start Krc .exe but Not running our production line is stoped

How alI can running robot

• I approved the post and that link works. List of acceptable attachment types is shown when posting.

For most people that info is enough:

3) read 1 and 2

• software KRC V5.6.8 stay on the 10% and after minutes show cross 3.. what I have to doing I have backup also have other file in d drive hdd..

This usually indicates Vxworks (the real-time operating system VxWorks coexisting with windows) is not started. This usually only happens if something is corrupt. E.g. a defct HDD.

Btw. have you checked HDD for sanity. Otherwise reinstalling makes no sense because you will soon have the problems again.

Best way to proceed is to make a full system backup creating a full harddisk image. This is just a safety precaution so you can go back to the initial system if something in the following steps goes wrong. From your answers I am not quite sure you already have created such an image using e.g. Arconis, dd, Kuka Recovery stick, ... or whatever software you prefer to use for this. Additionally it does not hurt to take a full archive of your system using the KSS builtin archiving functionality. This helps after getting the system back online to restore your individual programs and configuration settings.

Next step would be to try to reinstall the KSS software from scratch. Usually every KRC is shipped with the necessary installation software package for KSS. If by some accident you do not have the installation files you can lookup D: drive of your HDD. Here usually the KSS installation copies the installation files so you can install from there as well. Have you done this already?

If yes and the problem persists you probably need to go one step further and need to reinstall XPe as well. For this there is no automatic copy and you need original installation medium from KUKA. Otherwise you are in a deadlock since you said due to sanctions you can not get a copy from KUKA. All other ways (apart from buying a new complete already preinstalled system) to get the software would be illigal due to software piracy.

Fubini

• I see kss in C/KRC/BIN/ START KRC.EXE I need a password when I want to run it I attended photo

Guide me step by step if possible

You are repeating yourself. Repeating the same things over and over again does not help to get any further. Adding some specific information by you might be better. For example I already stated previously that normally you do not need to enter password when starting KRC.exe. So whats the history here? For example how do you login in windows? Do you use a private account or the Adminstrator account? What else did you try? Whats the genearal history of this controller. What where the last modifications? Done by whom? Details Details Details. Thats the thing that matters,

have back up do you think we need to use back up..

From these screenshots one can not tell what these supposed backups are. Details, Details, Details please. Usually on drive D: with a KSS setup this looks completly different.

Fubini

• I try to start krc .exe but I face this problem I attended photo

An what are the details here? This is a new error pattern you did not talk about before. So I assume you did not have this error before. What did you change compared to your previous tries?

Btw. you are still missing to answer a lot of my previous questions.

- Backups? What kind of Backups?

- Do you have KSS installation files or not?

- Do you have XPe installation files or not?

The list is pretty much endless. What did you try of our proposed solutions? Why did they not work for you? How did you verify they did not work for you?

Detail, Detail, Detail please. My cristal ball is out of operation currently.

If you can not provide these details its time to get someone local in that has the experience to fix the problems. Forum is no replacment for customer support and teaching a system to users without basic training. You should seriously consider takeing at least basic training from whatever institute in your country is able and qualified to give these kind of trainings.

Fubini

• When vxworks get stuck a simple reason could be that vxworks can not get the information from the hard drive

For me the most important question would be:

KSS Version

The problem with the password made me a bit nervous.

Advertising from our partners