NX100 Macro basic question

• Hey all,

I'm brand new to the industrial robot setting. I've just started working on an NX100 controller trying to program the robot to weld rectangles of different areas. Currently, I am just trying to make the robot move in different sized rectangles. Am I right in using macros to do this? How do I call the user input arguments when making a MOVL instruction? I apologize if I am way off in my understanding. I have read the manuals and have a basic understanding, but the details of implementation elude me.

Thank you for your help.

• Also, when I tried to create a new macro job, there were no macro options listed under Job Type. The pendant is in Management mode.

• A macro job is generally non-motion. It is some type of calculations or very small controlled motion. Based on a user parameter (meaning anyone with Management security level) on a restart after stopping the macro job will restart from the top. The robot typically can not move from wherever to the 1st position. That is why with a macro any moves are very small, less than 1".

Now, welding a rectangle of varying leg lengths can be done with a macro. The arguments passed could be the length of 1 leg and length of the other leg. The macro job could then calculate and set up the positions for the moves. The positions would be in a position variables. The moves would then be in another job.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• I really appreciate your response. That definitely helps clear things up.

Do you have any idea why there are no Macro Job options when selecting the Job Type when creating a new job? The pendant is definitely in Management Mode.

• Also, when I tried to create a new macro job, there were no macro options listed under Job Type. The pendant is in Management mode.

Macro Job is a paid software option.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

Advertising from our partners