Error program

• Welcome to the forum............... :beerchug:

Anything is possible using AS Language due to it's power and flexibility.

However, it is rare to find working examples in Kawasaki documentation.

IF (SIG(1)==TRUE) THEN

air.press = TRUE

ELSE

air.press = FALSE

END

Have a look for the IF......THEN........ELSE.........END in the AS Manual, there are many variations that can be applied, but a simple IF/ELSE/END should suffice.

• You need to create a background program in which you will check about the air pressure signal. To display on the interface panel you need IFPWPRINT function. You have to create on the interface panel a strings window.

For example:

.PROGRAM autostart.pc ()

;initialisations

IFPWPRINT 1,1,1,6,1=""

$msg1 = "Message 1:"

;main loop

loop:

IF SIG(-1006) THEN

.$msg1 = "No air pressure."

ELSE

.$msg1 = ""

END

IFPWPRINT 1,1,1,6,1=$msg1+.$msg1

TWAIT 0.1

GOTO loop

.END

The message will disappear when the signal is ON again, no need to have a reset button.

• You are referring to a process related error as opposed to a robot related error.

Yes, I think you are correct, as far as I'm aware, 'red screen' is internally linked to robot errors and cannot get triggered by a customized monitoring signal condition.

What Alexandru is referring to is the teach pendant built in HMI (Interface Panel Screen).

This can be setup with buttons, message windows and variable inputs and variable outputs which will allow for more customisation.

Check out the Operations and AS Manual for Interface Panel configurations and commands.

You can create some nice interface panels.

Attached is a demo I did for a client which resulted in them saving £££ on their new build as it removed the requirement for a separate PLC and HMI and brought all controls over to the robot.

You can spend hours on the IFP.

• I understand. As far I understand now is not possible to actived a Dedicated signal by a program?

Yes, you are correct.

Internal signals are very controllable by way of programming as they are not a physical input/output.

As soon as you allocate to a dedicated purpose though, then you can only monitor for them.

Doesn't stop you from placing buttons on the IFP, allocating them to internal signals, and then allocate them to dedicated functions.

ie using a button to turn on Motor power for instance, or a toggle switch for EXT_IT.

Advertising from our partners