How to Get the Coord Favorites Menu to pop up

• Hello

I have 3 robots, all are R30IA controllers, and running similar versions of handlingpro.

2 of the robots have this option in the setup menu:

The 1 robot does not have this option:

so I'm wondering if its possible to get that working on the 1 robot. This function is very helpful and I would like to add it if possible.

any help is appreciated. Thanks

• Looks like a teach pendant firmware issue.

I don't recommend doing this, but quite a while ago I had to take the pendant from an older controller and place it on a newer controller. Somebody left the newer controller's teach pendant on a conveyor and it was sucked in and destroyed.

The newer controller detected the older pendant and had me do a teach pendant firmware update. I then found that I had some nice new functions (a space key!) on that particular teach pendant when we got a replacement teach pendant and I moved the old teach pendant back to original controller.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Thanks Nation!

So it would probably prompt for an update automatically? and the files for the update come from the software CF card from the newer robot?

what would be the "proper" way of doing an update like this?

I am definitely interested in trying this. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

• I *think* you have to do it in the boot menu. Granted this was back in 2009 when I did this, so my memory is pretty fuzzy on the details.

I recommend digging through the manuals for the proper procedure.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• Are you just after the soft key access? if so open in left window or single display and hold whichever F key you want it assigned to

• so I finally had time to investigate this further.

C_hiney: I'm not sure if its called the soft key access or the favorites menu, but attached you can see a picture of what pops up when I press shift and coord on the pendant. On the left is the one that I would like to fix, on the right is the one I like.

Nation: I updated the firmware of my teach pendant through the boot menu, I tried updating to both versions that are working on other robots, but both version still don't show the pop up window or add the "Coord favorites enabled" checkbox shown in my first post. I checked both times that the firmware version updated in the status menu, so I'm starting to think it's maybe a software version issue?

thanks

Advertising from our partners