8.3>8.5 Point Conversion

• go to robot with KSS 8.3, create new program module and add motion instruction of each type (PTP, LIN, ....). maybe call this program module KSS83.SRC and KSS83.DAT

transfer copy of that module to robot with KSS8.5. this is executable as is.

but to have each motion saved in new format, click on Change etc. for each of the motions. for example one of changes is collision detection. rename module to KSS85.

bring both modules KSS83 and KSS85 to your computer and use some sort of compare program (KDIFF, WinMerge,BeyondCompare or whatever).

once you know what the differences are, it is possible to use search and replace. but ... do not do it by hand. that is time consuming, error prone and would only work on one file.

get FNR.EXE for example (http://findandreplace.io/) and create a script. then use that script to modify any module (or number of modules) in seconds, any time you need to make the change.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hey panicmode

I can't press change on the 8.3 inlineforms on the 8.5 controller.

I think this is because of the version.

Is there any other possibility?

• that is odd... i don't remember having such problem and i have done several migrations.

recently i have done few in reverse - things developed on 8.5 had to work on older systems with 8..3.

i work remotely but i am told that all standard inline forms have worked without issue. quick and dirty remedy for backwards compatibility is to create dummy collision detection module and life is good.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Could it be that the inlineform is older than 8.3 and because of this the inlineform does not work?

I try tomorrow to change on 8.3 once and then load to 8.5.

• as I rember there are three ways to get an inline form:

- UserTech

- ExpertTech

- TP with inline form programmed in a dll

Therefore a KrcDiag (if possible) or the exact way on how to reproduce the problem would be helpful.

Another important question:

what is the exact KSS version (KSS 8.3 just tell the family and not the person like KSS 8.3.39)

Advertising from our partners