Sequence of statement that cannot be approximated

• Hi all out there.

So I having a bit of issues with these rapid stopping motions, which is caused because it is not possible for the advance run pointer to approximate where the next motion is. I was reading through the forum regarding approximation, but I really did not find the thread that could help me further, so therefore this new one.

And sorry for the inline form below. I dont know if this is something that is useful or rather bad to see. Anyway, my question for avoid this jerky movements is of couse to use CONT. However even at the default 500mm of approximation, I get warning on the teach-pendant, like: "Sequence of statement that cannot be approximated". The SPTP motion to position OutboundGreenApp is with the CONT from the inline form, which is also stated at the end of the code with C_Spl.

So basically I already get the error before reaching to the function "SearchForStackAtOutbound".

Is it because I need to set the Advance run pointer or reset to 0, by $ADVANCE = 0 or anything else?
    Or is it because that I am calling a subfuction, SeachForStackAtOutbound() ?
    Should I use different that e.g C_Spl, I.e. like C_DIS?
    Or is it something else, that I have missed? :smiling_face:

My information of the system is:

• Robot: KUKA KR50 R2100
    • Controller: KR C5 dualcabinet
    • KSS 8.7.2 HF3
    • HMI version: 8.7 B394
    • Kernel system version: KS V8.7.53394
    • WorkVisual V6.0.18_Build0748asd

My current system contains the following information:

• Robot: KUKA KR50 R2100
    • Controller: KR C5 dualcabinet
    • KSS 8.7.2 HF3
    • HMI version: 8.7 B394
    • Kernel system version: KS V8.7.53394
    • WorkVisual V6.0.24_Build1632
  • please be mindful where you post. download section is meant for manuals, not discussions.

So basically I already get the error before reaching to the function "SearchForStackAtOutbound".

if you are getting an error of some sort please state what type of error or better post detailed info such as screenshot. also please state WHERE in your program this happens (which exact instruction).

perhaps you are referring to message

"Sequence of statement that cannot be approximated"

That is not an error, it is just a notification.

Btw, Approximated motion is not always possible - regardless how deep you reach into bag of tricks. An example is when motion is aborted by an interrupt and RESUME command is exacted.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners