Robot joint leaking grease

• One of our robots, an arcmate 120iB, is leaking grease very slowly from where J5 gets greased. Not leaking around the bolt but actually leaking from the edge of the J5 cover plate. I don't want to take the cover off and have everything spill out but I was wondering if there might be a rubber seal around the cover that I can replace or would I need to replace the cover itself?

• Well... I'm not sure whether it exists... sorry...

I've found part number for the cover, which is A290-7216-X524, but there's no part number for the rubber seal. And unfortunatelly, I don't remember whether it's fixed to the cover or not, could be fixed.

What I'd do is, to take off the cover and check.

You can always make the seal from a plain rubber using the scissors, I've done it many times and it works :smiling_face:

• A tube of gasket maker did the trick. After opening it there was clearly a break in the gasket, small but there. Cleaned up all the edges, squeezed some of the stuff on and yeah all good. If anyone else attempts this note the curing time on the package, we did ours on Friday at end of shift so it could cure over the weekend.

Advertising from our partners