Kuka Ethernet/IP

• Hi everybody,

I have a fast question.

I've a KUKA KR-C4 and I want to connect them with Ethernet/IP to an I/O device.

What is the connector on the KUKA Controller ?

Can I plug a Ethernet Switch ?

For information, my data are not data security's but simply I/O information (positions, status...).

• First: does the robot have the EIP option installed? And which version of the EIP option?

Second: The KLI (KUKA Line Interface) port on the controller is an RJ-45 where you would connect any EIP devices. An ethernet switch is not required, but may be necessary if you want to connect more than one device at a time (for example, the I/O module, and your WorkVisual laptop).

All KRC4s have the KLI labelled on the motherboard. Most KRC4s also have an ethernet cable run from the motherboard port to an external port, usually on the door, but sometimes to an internal switch that then provides multiple breakouts on the lower bulkhead. It depends on what options the robot was ordered with.

• I don't have the KUKA controller in my compagny she's not arrived...

But I went preview the installation.

What is the name of the profinet connector in a Kuka KR-C4 ? For example, X44, X66 ?

• you have to narrow it down... be specific - what kind of KRC4 controller?

- normally KLI port is one of ethernet ports on the KPC motherboard. exact location depends on motherboard type

this may be further connected to another place depending on system configuration:

- it could be connected to CPS on the panel door.

- it could be it could be connected to external interface X66.

- it could be connected to internal ethernet switch. there are different options for this switch. this may further expose connectors X67.1 X67.2 X67.3 etc. also exposed ports may not work without further wiring, perhaps X11 or X58 or similar.

for details always refer to schematics of your specific system.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners