How to set the UFRAME on CRX-10iA by a picture ?

• Hi !

the question I ask myself is the following :

How change UFRAMEs of the CRX-10iA cobot with an image take by it.

To summarize my cobot is installed on a mobile chassis and the goal is to move it where we want so that it is versatile on several applications.

I think that it would be necessary to use macros to change its UFRAMEs and that each macro would correspond to an application.

These macros would be linked to photos for example a QR code corresponding to each application.

Let's imagine that the cobot is in zero position on all its axes in articulation (J1, J2, J3, J4, J5, J6) before each arrival on station (taking into account that it is a mobile chassis), we would launch a photo recognition program and after that the program would choose in which macro to go.

Thus its trajectories will adapt to the new UFRAME.

Do you know the limitations of this CRX?

Would there be any accuracy problems on the pick and place?

I don't know if I'm using the right method, maybe you know a better method.

Thank you for your information.

MR.

:smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

• What is the task? How important is repeatability? How important is accuracy?

Hi,

For example it would be to take a part to insert a bearing.

The importance of repeatability is that if the robot does not locate itself efficiently enough, this application would only work partially or the cobot would fail very often.

The precision would be more level of luminosity, let us imagine that the cobot face of the shade to the part that will generate a shift on the catch of the part, due to the shifted zone in vision. What type of lighting would you tell me to use to remedy this?

A lighting on the sides or above, given that the camera takes only in 2D?

Thank you for your help

• Tolerances for parts/bearings are +/- 0.02

This is like pulling teeth. We cannot help you if you don't provide ALL the info you have.

0.02 What? mm? Thou? What are the shaft/hole dimensions vs the bearing outer/inner race? Is it a press fit or sliding fit?

If it is an interference fit (press), I would recommend against using a robot for it. I've seen applications where the end user tried to use the robot as a press, and it just destroys the wrist after a while of pressing. That was with a non-collaborative robot as well. I doubt a collaborative would have the power necessary unless it is a slip fit.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners