Fanuc LR 200iD home/perch position after interruption

• Hi,

I’d like to start by saying I’m new here and apologise if there is already a thread answering this question.

I’m operating an anca fx5 with an internally mounted Fanuc lr 200iD. The robot and machine errored out due to a tool catching in the pallet during the cycle, I managed to bring the robot back to it’s approximate home/perch position but can’t home it as it says it requires the machine to be homed first. Unfortunately the machine wants the robot to be homed before it will let me home the machine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• You have to find out what the robot's perch position is and then move to that point. There is not set position, so it it whatever the programmer decided to do, but usually it is in a position register and you can highlight that from the Data>Position Register screen and press MOVE TO while in T1 mode.

• Unfortunately even though the robot is now in the perch position (it finally managed to run the return to perch program) the machine doesn’t seem to register that the robot is where it is supposed to be. Because of this the anca fx5 can’t be homed as it thinks the LR200iD could be in the way.

• Ultimately, you need to find out what signal your other machine is expecting to know when the robot is homed. You would need to look into the programming of the anca fx5 to understand what signal it is expecting then trace it back to the robot.

We are just suggesting standard ways of doing it on the robot, but whoever programmed this machine could have done something completely different.

• Certain functions on the robot are currently not functioning and it’s throwing up an error saying the UOP needs to be enabled as it’s currently disabled but we can’t figure out how to enable UOP. Any help would be appreciated.

Advertising from our partners