"Reset RAPID done" and Program File Recovery from IRC5 Hard Drive(?)

• 1. On boot-up, I received an error on my robot that said "Reset RAPID done." It appears that the program/module that I had (and had spent significant time on creating) is gone. Yes - I know - backup your work. I thought it was being backed up, but it was not.

It says:

Quote from Robot

Probable causes

1. Reset RAPID was ordered by the user.

2. The system forced Reset RAPID due to inconsistent data, malfunction or unrecoverable task state.

I presume that something was corrupted. At this point, why it happened is less important than what I can do about it, which brings me to this:

2. Is there any way through the FlexPendant or any other means to get into the hard drive in the system and look around for deleted files or recoverable files? What options, if any, do I have for recovering this file that had been on this robot for a couple of years?

And yes -- I have now determined the correct way of saving/backup, which is not what I had been doing.

• you perform a P-Start

now you must do a Restore

I don’t think that I quite understand. Are you saying that I did perform a P-Start somehow? Or are you saying that I need to perform a P-Start?

Can you explain what a P-Start is?

Regarding a Restore, what will I restore and how do I do that? I don’t think that I have any backup file anywhere. The program/module that I was editing was always the file that came up every time I turned on the robot.

• Thank you so much for that info. I will try to pull the hard drive if there are really no other options.

Should I presume that you are saying that there is no sort of scanner that is built in that will let me do this?

• Thank you so much for that info. I will try to pull the hard drive if there are really no other options.

Should I presume that you are saying that there is no sort of scanner that is built in that will let me do this?

Regrettably your presumption is correct, at least as far as my knowledge goes. Lemster, Skooter or someone else may have more thorough knowledge about this than me.

To repeat, the likelihood of success, using my described suggestions, is very small. :frowning_face:

• robiman - Thank you for that. I have the IRC5.

I have shut off the machine and am going to remove the drive/SD card on Monday morning, then make a copy of it and see if I have any way of recovering data off of the current storage system.

Are you saying that the program module should still be accessible if I just reboot? I went into the file explorer window and looked around for my program. I found all other files besides the one I needed.

• Hi

You can not make with Window tools a copy from the SD Card.

You can create a new SD with Robotstudio , ther is a tool inside "Recovery Disk", but you need a formated ABB CD Card with boot image.

You find your Files on SD Card only in Case you have make a backup or saved as Module.

In all other Cases all Modules are only in RAM memory in a image file!

Most people do not know that. I know no way to find the Files in the image-file.

Advertising from our partners