Encoder Backup error (Safety)

• You have lost voltage to the U-axis encoder. In Safety security mode go to ROBOT, HOME POSITION. The U-axis will not have data in the content's box, it will have an asterisk. Go up to UTILITY, in the drop down RECOVER BACKUP ALM. Jog the U-axis to the alignment mark. Press SELECT on the U-axis. Touch "YES" on the dialog box asking CONFIRM HOME POSITION. Update the controller door sticker with the new ABSO DATA for the U-axis. Backup the cmos.bin file or save the ABSO.DAT file.

Since you have the FSU you will probably need to reflash. In MAINTENANCE MODE in SAFETY security level go to FILE, INITIALIZE, Cursor to SAFETY BOARD FLASH RESET. Press SELECT. Answer "YES" to the RESET dialog box.

Keystrokes should be very close, going off of memory. This will recover the abso data and get rid of the alarms. If there is a problem with the U-axis losing voltage that is another story.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Thank you 95devils, i will try this in a moment. Prior to this, i was getting COMMUNICATION ERROR (ENCODER) U axis. I was troubleshooting by checking the wiring up the encoder. Doing this, I unplugged the cables and plugged them back in. It was after this that I got the error I posted.

With this current error I cant use any of the VFD or servos. This has seemingly killed the MCR

Edited once, last by cat91345 ().

Advertising from our partners