Error running C:\KRC\BIN\StartKrc.exe

• Dear friends,

Another thread, now related to Kuka Hdd recovery. KRC2, KSS 5.6.12.

Due to the power outage, Kuka Hdd was damaged with bad sectors and Kss stopped working, no read/write axes to files, none of the Kcp2 keys was working.

The following steps were implemented:

1. Backup of the Kuka Hdd was done;

2. Kuka Hdd test has been performed and a bad sector was detected;

3. The both partitions of Kuka Hdd was cloned to second Hdd;

4. Chkdsk was performed to the second Hdd and the bad sector was resolved;

5. Archived files taken when the robot system was in good working condition, have been placed to the second Hdd;

6. The second Hdd was attached to the controller, Windows boots up, but the Kss could not start, showing "Error running C:\KRC\BIN\StartKrc.exe" .

Would you like to share some experiences related with the details of this error?

• I recomend you reinstall the KSS. If the windows is good you may have no problem.

The KSS installer is placed in D:\KRC1

You have to have external keyboard USB or PS2.

1- You have to reboot the robot.

2- Press and hold ctrl as soon as the windows image show in kcp screen, until windows is full started. (This don't let KSS START).

3- Guarantee that KSS, KUKA Cross and Ikraus didn't tryied to load.

4- Go to D:\KRC1 and run setup.exe.

5- Look in your arm label, the directory to install the same manipulator files.

6- I don't like to keep R1, MADA, INIT files on nem installation, I disselect this options.

After finished KSS installation don't forget to install your optional softwares to be able to restore you programs backup.

You can find this procedure in you KSS manual.

• No success.

1. First thread:

Windows XPe is installed, as well KSS 5.6.12. When loading, KSS stops at 10%, and switchs off after a minute. (in the same time, no network was connected);

2. Second thread:

When using the teach pendant (previoselly used external monitor), Windows starts loading, but after about 10 seconds, the Kcp screen display disapears (the screen backlight remains).

How can we discover is there any hardware or software problem, or both ?

• you changed the resolution for the external monitor and the tft of the hpu can not handle the new resolution and it turns black

I didn't change resolution, but I'll check it tomorow.

Actually, the Kcp screen does not goes black, backlight remains active.

According your experience, what else can cause Kss to hang at 10% ?

• 10% normally means that vxworks will not start up and therefore cross3 cannot connect and after timeout shuts down.

you could activate the log mechanism of cross3

check log directory for cross3 messages

check whether ftp server is running (service)

Advertising from our partners