Motoman stops

• I've been having a similar issue to this but it is not a specific instruction.

When the robot is running in auto and then is interrupted and has to stop (gate broken/ estop etc) when it is restarted the pendant shows that it is running, green light is lit and there are no errors however it does not move through the program, it just stays on the current line but does not move.

Am i missing any steps on resuming production?

Thanks

• I've been having a similar issue to this but it is not a specific instruction.

When the robot is running in auto and then is interrupted and has to stop (gate broken/ estop etc) when it is restarted the pendant shows that it is running, green light is lit and there are no errors however it does not move through the program, it just stays on the current line but does not move.

Am i missing any steps on resuming production?

Thanks

Are you also running software version FS3.30A-00? A new release of FS100 software was recently released.

Any messages like "Program Sequence Wait?" Are you sure the controller isn't inside a small loop? Or scanning through to see what to do and there is nothing to do. The refresh rate of the pendant isn't that good. I've had plenty of times where it looks like the pendant is frozen. But there is a reason.

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• Are you also running software version FS3.30A-00? A new release of FS100 software was recently released.

Any messages like "Program Sequence Wait?" Are you sure the controller isn't inside a small loop? Or scanning through to see what to do and there is nothing to do. The refresh rate of the pendant isn't that good. I've had plenty of times where it looks like the pendant is frozen. But there is a reason.

Thanks for the response Devil, I wanted to respond once I had some more information to share. Attached is a photo below.

To me it appears that the robot is indeed in auto and running however it just sits and waits at this movement line. I could understand if it was stuck in a loop somehow that it could do this however the next command after this one is also a move command so it should at least move back and forth or something. The exact scenario that this occurs is still a bit vague, sometimes it restarts no problem, other times it does this. Is it possible that it is trying to achieve this exact point but isn't close enough for it to be satisfied? The FPL is quite low on this movement.

A photo of the Version Screen is also below.

AMSf6AFDlUQQh-HU466Cv0gaiSNC6dghE68p5znEV7mrpdBzbJPXdEwwmCOStpfcTuwWWvtTofn-AOGpHK1-MJ0MV1bK7pHCh03hCWOjqQRULcoJ49CJLW0EDhn049XsJiIpDU6AkrKqyh_WMq2OFCYkPECyrbcuFc8RGFyaM2xXRkJPOY_EGPmKxKS0l3ouV3c4YziSo_5qXPAtg5jVslJcCwaYZ8-6ExgWGxtR0dbp2nEx6zNj5lDSYVRjwbumq3MUV9N18LyT1zWdt8CXdaAG50T7ckqcv162wFCQWwL99ByeNMN2U_yJ7n4gmZOJjQYHr6gXW7hMXbxb2W0DhjRAabfQAujsoznC2bjyT3iCHvuCL31db5APDGDfN6cvyMxFLWeeTKd4n-9oaKEni4zzPJfDr_pNw7GcZ8baBJYn8M3-IYKzLjQKHkLRDeCCpqb-Z1VlCuLdu6lQWQsu0Dnh0GCGYR-CB6bNnE45ZFoiAPoMH0KXa6pAtY0rYNq45kZKjn_mwIiRnqpqAoausB0y7btNA9_6LJEBMq9v7l1zqR555JnEUo1_PaA4UrL5JfTFPclc5611VhDC-1uRrY-VNU2EQ-04hVmC8MQkklJB2lZr6rrSl7eGki4OZ5DpIFsVHKFdsinrrmOB8osb_I1B1aC8gF3n55zgsMYR-U208_dSfuFDBp2q4ayOWpZVwWAwbzTV2PGmJiJzAeGx9FovO2sEz4fwMyqpshf-XaMUehvcPik8WpSzhpGtFM-dDnm2hdOi1t9gU63JWIyLETOeiTuFKiq3iRcb7ja1UgnG-gb0T2Npc_THU6TR-iUhiVmTG3yiCRc_CrgIYtBBJukpZeuDky8kseofDNj2fmUqL7DCcqqGOyB1V8OWTDKxEBv2OXpDU2te7C13aLve5XbwVrg747prx37N2na4KJ0mAmJqWxybozWvYC5mzMqRgEFmghfm=w3024-h4032?authuser=0AMSf6AHs64hJYpCyeFQs8xn3s7pD42dtqZNkuz5WMFMlbpCtH_N8iq2KIMYFAsDvbgzWVlXFVwjaE36PoAAP0DOvM9r45ybd_1CZ_tPsMUNkEPfT37gQasg-B_v1Mq5AA0ekMXH4uUTWI9UThHuXzEDj9S8xi7rpQfHZZUp0mLXlG3asFRdWH0L6z71Ax_mVndsWc9kBVEWvimg7G4cdRGilzDhb2kI0LAOhgkz5IKlKyNjHeHHRNS4SyMuYxxs0B-TuyptzNsFm4yxq-Zh3b7v0Y_RJlA0K3f5jhX_uz0J7YLE9O9Gf6JBgl0uF-3aprnKhW3heWzRqZu31ulUO8TOItgYL6D9BlNq9OJSSBoaOh3W1xlD2OgJQYmoHIY8CsM2QCcV4W0MD1XSr_Ecl-qyKx3KgygMJlCr8taXlgeoc9EoQSG2F-a17G3J_9gkHZlEfGtr6TuG-fjRf3ff9ZTC7YAYOhqUuujAN_ytcchKaVwQDTt0hpThVdvlDBY0Gzr92ipGlSCq2Mdpfe3rWZKHaKqHx599GAIUTUZMBn-M2VEwsRiy8XbBZCeKUh1Dv3pwx-TVxB7X_t-rSwUEbFgNuSyQVHaVdVuXPTB9oDWVsL_4KWDXlN_0vS6P1YSqjUQAG-N8gSmFi0Y1aiAcKEf2Zenq9kx1pbh-RPL8hnVBuWocgSgmfdyeEhPyX_kK_HI24GfPh37rAvKUM8knwu_huNSvercumCL3LL4Iu9Sd5CAIiG3Syrev5jAZV7xpeIBX7DBH_0A_UfnDcLt0YuKi0CpkrCT9N1RFGcqqKiOg12RJ5X_3f5xYuZhTNeKFGBwUKu1FHbOTuSW1Cw4mOcA_MF__WSfrqWbqyuliLb12P31Ln-1aA43mush0ojTx22qZV7qZn53n9h7t-OadzRircT70ETxflI5TP6KJutq3OVKcMM08sIAEQQcKHDMchDN3HFOdo=w3024-h4032?authuser=0

• Couple of thoughts that I see:

Speed Override is on. What is the current value of the speed override? Is it such a low number that it appears the robot is not moving? See if the robot is stopped or actually barely moving under ROBOT, CURRENT POSITION.

The FPL tag, are you using MotoLogix? I have only seen that tag used in the conveyor synchronous function on SYMOVLs. Is it even compatible with a MOVL?

I know a thing or two, because I’ve seen a thing or two. Don't even ask about a third thing. I won't know it.

• The speed override is set to 30% for testing purposes and was moving a that speed until it was put on hold for an unrelated alarm. Upon restarting is when this situation occurs.

No I am not using Motologix, all programming is done straight on the pendant.

I believe that FPL is compatible with MOVL as nothing has suggested otherwise. The vast majority of moves are using some value of FPL and don't create any problem until restarted.

The pendant allows me to edit the FPL value so I would assume that means its compatible..

• Maybe that movement line is throwing a minor alarm but your PLC/whatever is resetting it so fast you can't see it. I have seen this only in YRCs, not in older controllers (faster CPU). Clear the log and check it afterwards, maybe there's something there.

Check it in manual also. Go forward through it after it bugs out (INTERLOCK + FWD key).

Edited once, last by vmec ().

• Check it in manual also. Go forward through it after it bugs out (INTERLOCK + FWD key).

When I am in teach it does a similar thing where sometimes its gets to a point and acts like it is still moving but wont continues to the point afterwards even if I am still holding interlock and test start.

Have you used really low FPL values like this before?

• Upon some more testing, I have found that this problem is likely due to using FPL position levels. I have changed most of the position levels to PL and I haven't been able to recreate this problem yet.

I was unaware that FPL is meant to be used in certain collaborative robot applications although the glossary on the Yaskawa website doesn't really specify exactly what situations it is to be used.

• PFL is power and force limiting on a collaborative robot.

FPL is a Feedback Position based PL.

They have nothing to do with each other.

Advertising from our partners