Dynamically Changing TCP for Milling Operations

• Hello,

I am trying to dynamically change the TCP of our spindle to be along the bit based on a specified cut depth. We have software that is sending XYZABC coordinates that are normal to the surface we are attempting to mill and we are wanting a pocket cut that follows the shape. If we are able to move the TCP by 1/2 an inch up, we should be able to do this successfully, however when running this code, it does not use the new calculated TCP but rather the one saved in TOOL_DATA[9].

I'm honestly not sure where the error in this is as my program compiles correctly and when I attempt to debug and monitor my millingOffsetTCP values, they are populated correctly, the motion is just using the wrong tool. I am currently running KSS 8.5.8 on a KUKA KRC4 controller, and any help would be much appreciated! Thank you and have a good day.

• Hello,
    A robot is selected at a specific point with a specific tool and base (for example, tool no: 2, base no: 2). I want to shift the TCP point by the Z value based on the XYZ coordinates. Can I calculate this and write it to another tool?
    It may be a simple process, but I cannot fully visualize it in my mind. I would appreciate it if you could help me.

• DECL FRAME OffsetFL, OffsetTCP

OffsetFL = {X 0, Y 0, Z 0, A 0, B 0, C 0} ; adjust relative to flange

OffsetTCP = {X 10, Y 0, Z 0, A 0, B 0, C 0}; adjust relative to current TCP

TOOL_DATA[12]=OffsetFL:TOOL_DATA[2]:OffsetTCP

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners