Plug trouble connecting my KRC4 to the network

• what have you considered or tried so far?

as always, the trick is to provide some details as suggested in READ FIRST topic.

for example it would be very useful to know KSS and KPC version as this may allow activating other port like KONI.

never used that SCALANCE switch. it is meant for redundant link with PLC. so you could replace 201-3 with 202-2 version to get second copper port but this will get expensive and may require modifying PLC project.

another thing that is easy to try is simply inserting another switch between KLI and scalance...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• what have you considered or tried so far?

I've considered asking on this forum because it has always saved my butt until now.

as always, the trick is to provide some details as suggested in READ FIRST topic.

Yes, my bad. I've been looking for a way to add all these infos as a signature/footnote in my messages, but I haven't found out how to do it, shamefully. Until then , I'l try to remember to do it manually.

For now, the robot is down because of a faulty KSP, but I'll retrieve all the info soon.

never used that SCALANCE switch. it is meant for redundant link with PLC. so you could replace 201-3 with 202-2 version to get second copper port but this will get expensive and may require modifying PLC project.

Yeah, I found that out on the Siemens documentation. For a switch, I find it real cheap not to provide at least two RJ45 ports...

another thing that is easy to try is simply inserting another switch between KLI and scalance...

I thought of that, but then comes the question : does the KLI ethernet port have "PoE", or asked differently, can it provide power to a switch , or will I have to draw a power line just for that ?

Thanks !

Advertising from our partners