I'm trying to setup two external axes on the F60 controller: 7th axis is a 3D printed "weld gun" that has a 75W motor attached to a small rack and pinion that will be controlling the gun arm (image attached), and the 8th axis is a linear rail. I'm setting both up as a Linear Axis in the Axis Type parameter, and the linear rail one is working fine, however the 7th axis is throwing three particular errors:
- W1000 - Cannot move along straight line JT7 in this configuration
- E1123 - Speed Error JT7
- sometimes E1556 - Final command value for JT7 suddenly changed
This 7th external axis is not set to have any coop mode and the faults are occurring in manual/ teach mode in Joint motion. Every other joint I can move without issue. Situations when the faults occur:
- When I try to jog JT7 in teach mode (at any speed it throws either the W1000 or E1123 fault)
- I tried to move other robot joints out of the way in case of singularity, but I don't understand how it knows if the external axis is going to interfere with the robot joints when I don't have the external axes set up in coop mode. In which case, not sure what this motor is detecting singularity from.
- When I turn the motor on and have the deadman switch pressed, JT7 will not throw a fault, but if I try to physically move the pinion even a bit by hand (to see how much it may "fight" me) it will fault out to E1123 immediately without much force being applied.
- This makes me think that it might be gains, but I tried changing the servo parameters and it doesn't seem to have any much effect
- Perhaps current/ torque/ speed limit error? In which case I would like help identifying the associated parameters for these
- Encoder following errors?
I've been following the External Axis Addition Manual for this, but not sure if there are any other parameters/ settings that I missed in the normal operation manual that may be affecting this issue. I'm hoping that this is not a hardware problem (encoder for ex.)
Any help is appreciated, thanks!