External Deadman Switch Wiring

• Hello All,

I have this problem that I cannot seem to find a solution or even any information on. I am setting up a system with a SR-6ia SCARA robot with a R30iB Compact Plus Controller and I am not using a FANUC teach pendant. I am using an iPad running iRProgrammer plugged into the Ethernet port on the controller as a pendant and I have this device that holds the iPad that has an E-Stop and Deadman switch. I want to wire in both the E-Stop and Deadman switch so the iPad functions just like a pendant. I figured out the E-Stop wiring but I can't seem to figure out where the Deadman switch wires into. There is no documentation I can find to where the Deadman (Enable Switch) is wired into the controller. If anyone has any experience with external deadman switches or anything that could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated. Thank you very much all.

• Try looking for NTED (Non Teaching Enabling Device) inputs. I'm not very familiar with the compact plus controller, but that is what is used on the bigger controllers.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

Advertising from our partners