ZX200S FIRMWARE D-Controller

• Hi, would any one have a copy of the AS Group Firmware AS_0200000N firmware they could share.

I am experiencing issues with some older robots where the tool will not set correctly. same issue as this post.

Setting TCP - Kawasaki Robot Forum - Robotforum - Support and discussion community for industrial robots and cobots (robot-forum.com)

its common to 3 robots I'm testing and it seem to be an issue in AS Group Firmware AS_02030003

any help would be much appreciated. :thumbs_up:

• Are you sure this is a firmware issue?

Have you tried contacting your local Kawasaki distributor for firmware as they will more than likely be able to advise on whether this is firmware related or not?

AS_02030003 is a later version to AS_0200000N and rolling back is not a usual process to do.

Just replacing firmware in the expectation it may resolve a problem is risky as it could introduce problems elsewhere unless advised by Kawasaki directly.

What specific problems are you encountering?

- For this problem to just start occurring in a mature product suggests this may not be firmware related.

- Are you re-purposing servo weld robot for another application such as handling/spot welding.

- How are you setting the tcp point.

- Have you tried the auto tool registration method.

- Are you using QTOOL or not - ie what programming are you using for your application.

- What are the actual results you are producing.

- Have you a full file save you are able to share.

• Hi Kwakisaki, thanks for the response :thumbs_up:

I have not yet contacted the local distributor I will do first thing on Monday morning.

yeah I'm aware this would be rolling back to an earlier version, but I though id give it a try. I have one robot with AS_0200000N and this version and it does not have the tool issue.

tcp is being set using tool function in AS and assigning it a transformation value

The specific problem is that when I set any tool that has and O,A,T component it defaults to 0,0,-228,0,0,0 (-228 is the center of the wrist joint) it also generates an error saying there is a tool data mismatch

I have qtool off as i am using AS.

yes it is a repurposed servo weld robot from Toyota, and you are correct to assume i am using if for handling.

I have a variable tool length , I need the ability to set the tool through code.

i don't have a copy of the code available right now, but i can post tomorrow,

Thanks ,

Robomike

• yeah I'm aware this would be rolling back to an earlier version, but I though id give it a try. I have one robot with AS_0200000N and this version and it does not have the tool issue

The specific problem is that when I set any tool that has and O,A,T component it defaults to 0,0,-228,0,0,0 (-228 is the center of the wrist joint) it also generates an error saying there is a tool data mismatch

Yes, I can see your point regarding this and suggests the later version is somehow locking this -228 value in place as a permanent value whereas in your case the N version appears to not be doing this.

I have never managed to find what this is, but my assumption is that this is in fact related to the specific Toyota specification built into the firmware relating to the specific servo weld gun that is always used.

What I mean by this, it is a default offset applied to the fitted gun (which may be the thickness of an adapter plate).

So in fact supports what you are seeing.

I have AS_0200000J version not the N version, which you are welcome to try, but I cannot give ANY assurances that this will work, or not introduce further problems.

Let me know if you want it and I will send it via conversation.

But I can't accept any liability should you decide to use it.

Fundamentally Toyota specification controllers are not a standard controller and are not easily able to be re-purposed for standard controller operations due to:

- Servo Weld robots have different firmware than that of standard handling/spot welding.

- Toyopuc PLC which connects to a line controller which controls/monitors the cell environment.

- VF (virtual safety fence) software which creates 'bubbles' around arm and tcp points for safeguarding.

- The fact you say there is tool data mismatch suggests VF is installed.

- Have set EOAT values as any replacement of the unit is always the exact same.

- Changing some settings get reverted to Toyota Specification upon a power cycle to prevent changes.

If you have a file save for the AS_0200000N and AS_020300003, it would be interesting to see the comparison between the two to see if this is something that can be 'nulled' out from a simple software adjustment without having to roll back the firmware.

You can send me those via conversation if you don't wish them to be public and I can have a look over them......I would really be interested in seeing this?

Is this an S controller by any chance

• I would also ask:

- What actual D Controller is it - What model is on the Controller rating plate.

- Have you set QTOOL ON.

- Registered your EOAT TCP values under a tool no. in Aux R304.

- Select the relevant tool no. using <TOOL> and setting the no. used in R304.

- Select Tool interpolation and jog the robot to see if it is applying the correct TCP values.

Possibly cannot be done if VF is installed, but worth a go to see if it does work.

Advertising from our partners