FTP connection to Roboguide no longer working

• For the last 7 years, I've been using filezilla to connect to the roboguide robot controller using 127.0.0.1 as the host, plain FTP, and anonymous for the logon type. All of a sudden after rebooting my laptop this afternoon, I'm now getting a "530 Incorrect password" error. Nothing has changed in my settings. Does anybody have any idea what could be causing this?

Typing 127.0.0.1 into a browser pulls up the robot web server; restoring older save points has no effect.

• When this happened to me, it was another program (not Roboguide) that created an FTP server at 127.0.0.1 with the same port that Roboguide was using. So when I tried to FTP to Roboguide I was actually connecting to a different FTP server.

I looked in my Windows Services and found the other FTP (I think it was FileZilla) service running.

• If you right click on the controller, and go to properties. All the way at the bottom of the block of text is a list of ports the robot controller is listening on. Useful for when you have multiple robots in a cell.

Check out the Fanuc position converter I wrote here! Now open source!

Check out my example Fanuc Ethernet/IP Explicit Messaging program here!

• TitusLepic

I was (first time) playing with FTP and Roboguide a couple of weeks back and yes.....port 9125 was required.

Nation

This is exactly what I used to find this out.

This property area is great to know when troubleshooting roboguide connectivity issues.

Advertising from our partners