KUKA KRC4-5 SDK

• Hello All;

I will release soon KRC4-5 SDK .NET Library. This library running on external pc with user .NET application. Library does not need any installation on robot and KSS version dependent. Network can be KLI port or other exist network port.

Please review attached reference documents and if you ask any question do not hesitate contact to me.

• Well, this certainly looks interesting. I assume that this is KRC4 only, with no support for KRC 1, 2, or 3?

I guess this SDK is implemented through WorkVisualServiceHost, “KukaRoboter.OnlineServicesFacade.dll” in the WorkVisual root directory

• I guess this SDK is implemented through WorkVisualServiceHost, “KukaRoboter.OnlineServicesFacade.dll” in the WorkVisual root directory

Hmm... that would imply that, in order to work, this library would require having WorkVisual installed. I wonder if this could cause issues for people who have multiple versions of WV on the same computer.

• Firstly library does not support old series krc1-2-3. Yes I can implement but probably next 5 years all one is will go to recyling. Library just support KRC4 and KRC5 controllers. I testing now all controller variants.

I am not using any kuka libraries or workvisual interfaces. This mean library working standalone and not need workvisual or uninstallation to workvisual. Probably there is other way to achive same result but I am not focused it. I guess kuka libraries under protection legal laws and I can't use for public share.

• Firstly library does not support old series krc1-2-3. Yes I can implement but probably next 5 years all one is will go to recyling.

You are probably correct. While I still see a lot of older KRCs still in production use, and expect some users to keep them running until the global supply of spare parts is exhausted, developing this for pre-KRC4 systems is not a good investment of your time.

I am not using any kuka libraries or workvisual interfaces. This mean library working standalone and not need workvisual or uninstallation to workvisual. Probably there is other way to achive same result but I am not focused it. I guess kuka libraries under protection legal laws and I can't use for public share.

Very interesting, I look forward to seeing it.

Distributing components of WoV with your library would probably violate legal restrictions. OTOH, if your library simply utilized WoV components that the end user already had installed legally, it becomes a bit of a grey area.

Regardless, if you can make this work without utilizing any WoV components, more power to you! :thumbs_up:

Distributing components of WoV with your library would probably violate legal restrictions. OTOH, if your library simply utilized WoV components that the end user already had installed legally, it becomes a bit of a grey area.

Regardless, if you can make this work without utilizing any WoV components, more power to you! :thumbs_up:

Yes I think same manner. Just like you say my methods give more free zone and I can change if I don't liked. Otherwise it is can not be version dependent and library can not be import some variations of kuka library. I don't have time and effort for test all released kuka versions with my library. I think I am on good way and don't need to use kuka libraries.

Advertising from our partners