ArcTech Files not being read correctly

• System Info:

KRC4

KSS 8.3.378

KR16 R2010 robot and KP2-SV5000_HW positioner

ArcTech Basic 1.5.6.2819

ArcTech Advanced 1.5.4.119

Hi All,

So a customer sent me a backup, and I added a few files to the system under KRC/R1. Specifically, I created one new folder, and added some folders and files to this. Then I saved the project to a new name.

Strangely, I am now getting the attached errors in SPS.sub. To be clear, I didn't touch SPS.sub, or any of the arctech files where those variable definitions are. It seems that the KUKA ArcTech files located in KRC/R1/TP either didn't load in properly, compile properly, or get read properly. I'm new to ArcTech, so I'm not sure if this is normal, but most of the filenames under ATA or ATB appear grey in workvisual (as opposed to the normal black or blue).

If I reload the folder KRC/R1/TP from the original backup, this error disappears, and the filenames go blue. but the error will return if I try to save the project with a new name. I know the arcTech options packages I am using are correct, because I got them directly from the customer. I loaded ATB before loading ATA (as suggested on this sub). Anyone have any idea why this happened? I'm also not convinced that my "solution" of reloading the TP folder will still be working when I send this project back to the customer.

• well, as an update, this seems to have worked fine for the customer. I'll leave this thread up in case anyone has more information, or has a similar issue in the future.

• Hm... I would run a search of the customer backup looking for where ATO_OperatingMode and _SignalChannel are DECL'd. Then see if those files are present in your robot.

If I had to guess, I suspect that the customer's robot either has extra files in the TP directory, or has some customizations to the standard files in the TP directory.

• so the strange thing is that the file where those are declared is  ArcOutputRoutines.dat. You can see in that screenshot the file exists on the controller (not sure why the name is in grey though), and it just seemed like it was refusing to acknowledge that file.

There's no difference between that file and the one I reloaded. Just that I reloaded it, and then the project seems to use the variables just fine after that.

• not all warnings that WoV shows are real. there are several scenarios where declared variable or functions are found. it may be issue of scope, double declaration, edited file not yet saved etc.

just because WoV throws a warning it does not mean controller will complain too. ultimately what matters is what controller thinks of your project.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• So the customer said that sps.sub would not run, and sent a screenshot of the message
    "R1/SPS not correct"

when he tried to start it.

I didn't have access to see how the error was displayed in the file beyond that. But that's what prompted me to look inside SPS.sub, and see the errors in WoV.

However, everything worked fine after I sent him a version of the project after I'd reloaded the files, where those errors no longer appear.

But you're right Panic Mode, it's possible that a few different things, such as a double declaration of those variables, maybe not as GLOBAL, was causing the issue, and one of the files inside TP I didn't even look at was the issue.

Advertising from our partners