cut encoder cable

• So we had someone mix up cable while working on a 410 and cut the pulse coder cable and the motor power cable to G;2 A;1:fearful_face::pouting_face::pouting_face: that runs a clamp tool on the EOAT. it was attempted to use butt-connectors and solder to repair the cable. it will ring out with a multimeter using resistance but will still not see the encoder. it give the SRVO_068 DETR alarm. we have cables coming but production does not want to wait. has anyone successfully repaired a cable like this?

• resistance on each wire was around .5-.2

All fuses were checked and are good

I am somewhat concerned cutting the cable while powered up could have shorted out and caused other issues.

• I am somewhat concerned cutting the cable while powered up could have shorted out and caused other issues.

There's a little chance for destroing sth else.

I repared many times pulsecoder cables in R-J3, R-J3iB, R-30iA and there was always no problems with that.

I'd advise to double check the connections - if the proper cables were connected together, check with the manual where which wire should go, then check it with a multimeter at both ends.

Advertising from our partners