Mastering robot in OPS

• Hello guys,

I am working with KUKA OfficePC (Hadware version of KUKA OfficeLite) with KRC4 & KSS 8.5.6.
    I get an error from safety setting:

- The reference position of axis A1 (KR 240 L180-2) does not maintain the minimum distance of 5° from the mastering position.

The same error also appears for axes A4, A5 and A6.

my assumption is that due to this error, the robot drives are in inactive mode and I am not able to move the robot.

I tried to remaster the robot axes but as it is simulated robot, I am not able to move the actual robot and measure with either Dial or EDM. Has anyone gone through the same issue?

How can I remaster the robot axes without moving the axis? or is there a way to move robot in manual mode for remastering?

Thank you very much in advance. Really appreciate your help.

Regards

NHS

• Hello guys,

I am working with KUKA OfficePC (Hadware version of KUKA OfficeLite) with KRC4 & KSS 8.5.6.
    I get an error from safety setting:

- The reference position of axis A1 (KR 240 L180-2) does not maintain the minimum distance of 5° from the mastering position.

The same error also appears for axes A4, A5 and A6.

sounds like you are trying to use SafeOperation and the "reference position" is "mastering check reference position". since OPS does not have CCU etc the only conceivable way to use SafeOp is through ProfiSafe or CIP safety. This requires ProfiNet or EthernetIP installed. Are you sure those operation are compatible with your system?

Quote from Nshah

I tried to remaster the robot axes but as it is simulated robot, I am not able to move the actual robot and measure with either Dial or EDM. Has anyone gone through the same issue?

Dial mastering is working

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thank you Panic Mode for your reply as well as to correctly classifying my question.

Sorry, I don't know the full forms of OPS, CCU and CIP acronyms :frowning_face:

I have EthernetKRL, KUKA.PROFINET MS and SafeOperations installed on my machine and it is connected to another controller through Profinet.

I tried to remaster the position through the Dial but was still not able to move the axis. The motors are simply not giving me active mode (The backround of "I" doesnt turn Green)

How do you propose to use the ProfiSafe or CIP safety in this case?

Thanks again for your help.

Regards,

Nihar

(The backround of "I" doesnt turn Green)

so what did you do about it?

you need to enable drives. this means you need to click on "I" and see what is not on. all indicators need to be green and if needed press button "I" on popup window.

if needed manually activate drives

and show actual messages.

to see message list,click on displayed message (space to the left of "Confirm All" button)

OPS = Offline Programming Station = KUKA Office PC

CCU = Cabinet Control Unit. It is a large board that is present in real controllers (with real robots). it serves several roles, DC power distribution, battery control, managed ethernet switch, safety...

OfficeLite = software simulator of the KRC and smartPad. it is virtual machine that can run on your laptop. there is no KUKA hardware at all.

all of those are easily found on the forum or in KUKA documentation so feel free to use search function or get manuals from KUKA - see READ FIRST topic and signup for free account at Xpert portal.

OPS is similar in function to OfficeLite but it runs on real KUKA hardware. This means that performance does not depend on your laptop and it is easy to swap in/out robots hdd/ssd. But the OPS hardware is limited to KUKA PC, it is not entire KRC. that means that a lot of other hardware is not present, including CCU, drives, robot etc.

for robot to move, safety interface must be selected and configured correctly, plus states of safety signals must be right (enabling switch, estop etc.). those conditions are monitored by internal safety controller.

note, there is always some safety present. this is called "basic safety" and covers signals found on X11 or in first 2 bytes of network based safety signals.

SafeOperation is an hardware/software option that expands that functionality.

if you want to use SafeOperation, you need to have the required hardware/software installed, configured, and programmed.

if controller has parallel safety option, that would include at least X11 interface. and with added SafeOp. there will also be X13 and X42 and another SIB inside controller.

Since you are using OPS and not real KRC, parallel safety is not possible since all relevant hardware is missing (things like CCU, SIB-STD, SIB-EXT, X11, X13, X42 etc.).

So the only option (if supported ... check documentation) is to not use the parallel safety. This means using network based safety and suitable SafetyPLC.

since you have ProfiNet option, that safety PLC would be some Siemens safety PLC (S7-317F for example). both robot and PLC need to have matching configuration that actually uses ProfiSafe (part of your ProfiNet). Also the PLC would need to have safety task programmed in order to allow robot to move (PLC must send correct signals over ProfiSafe to the KRC). do you have that?

the only alternative is to use T1 mode, login, enable Start-Up mode. Then you may enable drives and jog... even this still requires that valid safety interface is configured in your project... even if you do not have real safety PLC or your OPS is not connected to one.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Hello Panic mode,

It turns out to be much simpler problem. There was defect in the profinet cable. I replaced it and it worked fine.

Thank you very much for your help. Much appreciated :smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners