Kuka krc2 Linear axis configuration

• Hi All,

I read a lot of threads that you guys solved for others and did all the research that i could but i am really stuck right now.

I cant seem to get my kuka on a linear track right.

The latest thread from serg_kub came really close to my problem but that is on a rotary table, and i allready had a rotary configured last year ( not anymore).

I think it has something to do with the BASE, ERSYS, MACHINE_DEF or/and the lines coming from powermill postprocessor.

When is start a toolpath it always comes with te warning "Kinnematic instruction Inadmissable" on this line

; Active BASE (The external axes kinematic is activated: usually BASE_DATA[17] is used...)

BASE_DATA[1] = {X 0.0, Y 0.0, Z 0.0, A 0.0, B 0.0, C 0.0}

$BASE=EK(MACHINE_DEF[2].ROOT,MACHINE_DEF[2].MECH_TYPE,BASE_DATA[1]:{X 0.0000, Y 0.0000, Z 0.0000, A 0.0000, B 0.0000, C 0.0000})

MACHINE_DEF[2] is called but in the config there is still something left from my "WallE" rotary table with EASYS. Wich is not configured anymore. But it also doesnt change when i configure the ERSYS system,

Wheter it calls basedata [1] or [17] nothing works.

I can do the "catterpillar move" in the Yaxis direction of te robot.

Can you help me and check my config.dat and see what i am doing wrong?

Its a Kuka krc2 kr210-2 ed05

v5.5

Linear axis i build myself but with a kuka motor and drive. The robot is perpendicular on the linear track.

If you want any other information please let me know.

Thanks in advance, Chris

• On D: there are many examples of MADA for robots with and without KL.

nice thing about that is that one can do simple comparison and see what the differences are. Something like this:

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Lookup

DECL EX_KIN $EX_KIN={ET1 #ERSYS,ET2 #NONE,ET3 #NONE,ET4 #NONE,ET5 #NONE,ET6 #NONE}

in your $machine.dat. Your external kinematic is of type robroot (ERSYS). Only base kinematics (EASYS,...,EFSYS) can be used with EK command.

What do you want to achieve: a $BASE that moves with the linear axis and is constant w.r.t. robots hardware base?

Otherwise no EK is needed at all if the robot is mounted on the external kinematic. Simply use

$BASE = BASE_DAT[17]

Fubini

• On D: there are many examples of MADA for robots with and without KL.

nice thing about that is that one can do simple comparison and see what the differences are. Something like this:

Hi Panic Mode,

Thank you for having a look, I saw you mention this in another post and i searched for it but didnt find it.

Maybe i looked over it, i wil check again tomorrow. Have seen probably everything that is in the computer the last few days finding what i do wrong.

Thank you.

• Hi Fubini thank you for your reaction.

I will lookup the DECL EX_KIN.

I want to use the robot for milling purpose, so large foam objects milling with the spindle attached to the head.

I also have a rotary table that i want to setup at the end of the rail. But that is not for now. Most important is that i can mill objects using the robot on the track.

Thank you

Chris

• Hi Guys!

I finaly got the robot working!

The external kinematics on ERSYS in machine.dat attached under this message are the right one for my orientation of the robot.

In the toolpath there were 2 things that went wrong.

- Calling the $BASE with its EK command.

Solution : I simply set that to "false" in the postprocessor.

- The PTP move at the beginning of the toolpath was under the robot so it said "word envelope exceeded"

Problem : In Powermill you can set a part origin ( like a table or whatever ) in the MTD file of the robot in the robot library.

So when you load a model it positions itself on the table. The problem with that is that it becomes the new origin so its not on the robot base anymore.

So the robot gets the coordinates of the zero in powermill wich is the zero on top of the model. Not measured from the base of the robot but of the part.

Probably i am doing something wrong with te part positioning, workplane or something like that but for a hobbyist like me its a bit confusing if you dont know what the problem is. Now i know and now i can start finding out how to do it right in Powermill

Solution ( for now ) : i have set the part origin in the MTD file to zero, in powermill i move the model to the correct position.

In the robot cell configuration"fixture offsets" tab i check the option "use cell origin workplane as output workplane" So NO fixture offset data in the robot program.

Generate the toolpath without base data and there it went perfectly to the start point. Jeeeeej:smiling_face:

The toolpath attached is the working one.

Thanks for the help and maybe we can add in the "read first" of this forum that when you ask people for help, dont be a d*ck ( sorry ) and describe the solution of youre problem with te working file attached.

I allways miss that at the end of a thread.

If its there allready, sorry is didnt read it :grinning_squinting_face:

Thank you for your time

Advertising from our partners