Background Tipdress with Servogun Basic

• Hi Everyone,

First off, I'm so thankful for all the KUKA support that has come out of this Forum! The one thing that I just can't seem to get a good grasp on is KUKA Background Tipdress with ServoGun Basic 3.0.6

I've followed all the manuals and everything but I don't really like the way that KUKA Implemented it. Currently I have to interact with the PLC to process the background Tipdress, and I would rather keep it all on the robot. What I am hoping for is someone with a background tipdress that works, and works well. I can adapt it to my own needs, I am just tired of spinning my wheels on this BG tipdress.

Specs:

KSS 8.5.8 KRC4

ServoGun 3.0.6

• Generally, all of the code in KUKA Tech Packs is open, so you should be able to look at the raw KRL code of the BG TD and see how it operates. You can modify it to suit your own operation.

Thanks for the quick reply. I went through the SG_Background.src where most of the functions are, I was going to copy the code to a different source and start taking out the IO interaction with the PLC, then I could just use that to interact on my own, but there are a lot of global functions, and it's all quite messy. That's why I was hoping that someone had the Moves for E1 already figured out in a functioning Tipdress.

• if you don't like the built in version, make your own.

background tip dressing is used to:

1. move stationary servo gun to a closed position,

2. run tip dresser

3. open servo gun

servo gun is an external axis and you can run the code to do this in main submit interpreter.

to accomplish this axis need to be asynchronous. when welding (not tip dressing), it should be synchronous again.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I haven't been inside of ServoGun code in over a decade, but given how KUKA usually builds its code, most of those Global functions should be reusable. KUKA code tends to be pretty modular. The trick will be to reverse-engineer which function handles the PLC handshake, and just change that.

• and that is the point of global functions. they can be called from any program without need to repeat or duplicate code. if rolling your own code, there is no need for PLC.

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• and that is the point of global functions. they can be called from any program without need to repeat or duplicate code. if rolling your own code, there is no need for PLC.

Thanks Guys, I have been looking through the code, and I find it hard to single out which Global functions to be calling. They go through all sorts of stuff, it's hard to tell what is needed and what is not needed. I guess that is what I really need to know, which of the functions do I need to call.

• that requires seeing the code and understanding what it does. i see no code posted. btw, getting to know someone else's code is likely to be time consuming, specially since they put effort to make it universal package. in other words good luck finding someone willing to sink some time to go through it for free.

not sure about your software version but in case of TC_ServoGun version 4.1 for exmple, background tip dressing was handled by eg_bg_td()

since it has to be called by SPS loop (called continuously), it uses state machine and only two subroutines. i just checked it out and it is documented, everything is in English and quite readable.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners