Can you have two Cell.src programs on KUKA

• Hi,

We have two robots here which are KRC4 - 8.3.25 and I have a question regarding the cell.src programs.

To do some tests, I copied the only cell program that was called cell2 and made a cell3.

I tried implementing a logic in which you ask for the perimeter access, the robot goes to his home, and then unlocks the door when it is at a safe place.

The problem is that when I try to continue my program(cell3) after closing the perimeter, I always needed to press the stop button(which didnt seem to do anything) on the smartpad before I could continue the program. I thought I missed something so I tried the same logic on the cell2 program and I didnt need to press the stop before I could continue. Is this because there can only be one cell programs in the folder and the second one isn't really considered a cell?

Thank you

• CELL.SRC is just a name of the program module. you can call it CEL666.SRC if you like or DELETE_ME.SRC or WHATEVER.SRC.

question is how the program module is selected. if this is done by code in submit (rather than by operator), then you just need to adapt submit to match actual file name of so called "cell" module.

to answer any program code related questions, program code should be made available.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• It is basically the same code since I copied it and added a couple of IF statements, but one can be continued after Operator Safety has been opened and the other can only be continued if I press the red button beforehand(in ext aut and aut), I thought it might be a bug and with what you told me, now I'm pretty sure it's just a bug.

I'm fairly new to kuka so I didnt know there was a sub program to select the program and it seems it doesn't do anything for now, operators select it by hand and so have I. Now that I learned that I will implement something with it, it would be great if operators couldn't do an external start on a random program.

Looks like I have more reading and self learning to do thank you ! :smiling_face:

• you did not clarify the key issues:

1. how is the CELL program selected? according to your SPS, there is no related logic inside LOOP. there is a default AUTOEXT INIT before LOOP but this only works once the SPS is started if robot is in EXT mode. that means most likely case (and still unconfirmed) is that CELL is selected manually by operator.

2. where is your code? i see nothing that uses stop button. at which line is program when you need to press STOP button on the smartpad?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I did say that operators select it by hand.

And as for the stop button on the smartpad, there aren't anything anywhere, it's not used in the code, that is why I'm really confused by all this and why I made a post.

How can the old program be restarted after a safety stop and my copied program cannot be restarted after a safety stop unless I press the red button on the SmartPad. It makes no sense.

I just happened to try and press the stop button before trying a start and it worked, got me even more confused. In EXT AUT and AUT.

We do have another robot that uses external start and the sps program is implemented, so I guess I'm gonna have to implement this one.

• sorry, i was distracted and missed the part about program selection.

i am not sure what is going on there. if you are using EXT mode then all control need to be external. if you press stop on smartPad, you will stop the robot but this is abnormal and will require recovery.

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners