Nachi FD11 Controller External Start Issue

• Hey guys,

I am using a nachi robot for the first time (brand new install). I have it successfully communicating with the PLC and all my base programs written. However I am trying to start the robot in auto mode. I am following the timing chart.

It says to:

Turn Motors On (Here we see the green light on the controller start flashing and the motors light comes on in the corner of the pendant)

Select Programs BIts (no problem)

Program Strobe (when we do this we get a release the robot pause error. A2974 Pause(Hold) or External pause(hold) signal is being given UNIT1 --(---)

Im sure I am missing some sort of setting or configuration as I am brand new to these robots. I have been hunting through the manuals and tried turning on and off the external and other pause signals but no matter what I do I get the same response.

Please let me know if you have any suggestions

THanks,

Kevin

• Hey guys,

I figured out the problem. Not being overly experienced with nachi I mapped alot of unnecessary tags to the map to the PLC. However I found out when you map a variable it expects it to be used. Once I unmapped the hold and other variables I didn't need it started up no problem.

• So I did find another problem. When starting the robot up it ALWAYS resumes where it left off. Even if I program stobe a new program it will always resume.

Here are the conditions.

100 is my main loop

From there I will start my weld program (21)

If the light curtain is interrupted during the cycle of 21

when the light curtain is restored 21 will resume from where it was interrupted.

We have to go back through to program 100 to home the robot first because of safety issues on the machine with recovering with the machine in an unknown state.

In fanuc they have seperate starts for resume and start. They always have an Abort all to exit the current program. This is essentially what I am looking for.

Thanks,!

• 1. By Using “External Reset”-Input, the Program pointer moves to Step 0 of the current program.

2. At Step 1 of the Current program, Use FN81 to Call Homing Program

3. Once Robot is Homed then Jump to Main loop-P100

• 1. By Using “External Reset”-Input, the Program pointer moves to Step 0 of the current program.

2. At Step 1 of the Current program, Use FN81 to Call Homing Program

3. Once Robot is Homed then Jump to Main loop-P100

I guess I have a question here. So if I were to external reset. Now my "program 42" would start at the stop. Call home, then jump to the main loop. If I wanted to run program 42 from my main loop, how would i prevent it running that home and back to main in a loop?

Never mind. THis worked exactly how I wanted it to. Awesome suggestion!

Edited once, last by kevilay ().

Advertising from our partners