KRC Release not install in Windows via remote (ethernet)

• Still no idea what that is. Or what model KRC, what version of KSS.

"Dell" is irrelevant.

What are you trying to do with that folder? Move it? Copy it? Run an executable inside it? On the robot, or on your laptop?

What are you trying to accomplish?

• The robot model is irrelevant.

I'm wanting to run the install file from the laptop. But windows doesn't let me. I already closed the program and still nothing.

David Casella

• please read pinned topic READ FIRST...

then try telling details, something like:

a) controller is KRC4 standard (KRC4 compact ..., )

b) present version of KSS is 8.3.6 (or whatever)

c) Trying to reinstall the same version from D:\ by executing setup.exe (or _setup.exe ) or

Trying to upgrade present version to KSS 8.3.42, installation files are placed

d) the "remote via ethernet" is my computer connected to KRC via ... (mapped network drive, remote desktop, Teamsviewer, AnyDesk... pcAnywhere...)

i am sure you think everyone has done this before and must know exactly what you are doing. what you are missing is that "remote", "ethernet", etc could mean many things. and you STILL did not mention current KSS version and version you are trying to install.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

The robot model is irrelevant.

true but nobody asked for that

I'm wanting to run the install file from the laptop.

which file (there are two), what version and what is the currently installed KSS version

But windows doesn't let me.

which Windows? on your laptop? on the KRC? what does that even mean?

I already closed the program and still nothing.

what program? what does that mean?

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• if you are connecting to KRC by mapped network drive, attempts to run some installer will execute on your laptop, not on KRC.

if you are connecting to KRC by remote desktop, attempts to run installer will execute on KRC, not on your laptop

3) read 1 and 2

• installing upgrade would require different but compatible KSS version.

if you are trying to run installer from existing D:\KRC_Release, that would be same version KSS and the one that is already installed which does not make sense.

there are two executables in that folder, one is to do an upgrade (and try to preserve settings). other is to run clean install (settings are not preserved).

3) read 1 and 2

• Trying to reinstall the same version from D:\ by executing setup.exe (or _setup.exe )

the "remote via ethernet" is my computer connected to KRC via remote desktop

David Casella

• installing upgrade would require different but compatible KSS version.

if you are trying to run installer from existing D:\KRC_Release, that would be same version KSS and the one that is already installed which does not make sense.

there are two executables in that folder, one is to do an upgrade (and try to preserve settings). other is to run clean install (settings are not preserved).

Any file don´t work.

David Casella

No backup, because this robot was rented... (to a client).

i always wondered who in their right mind would do that without first making a backup...

in fact why not create backup as soon as robot is obtained... regardless of its condition.

and the client returned it all detonated.

so let the client restore it in previous order. if they have to they can contact KUKA and pay for service tech to reload everything the way it was.

you still did not confirm KSS version. what is the condition of the system and why you need to use remote desktop.

do you have KUKA HMI load? is smartPad functional?

3) read 1 and 2

• What error message do you get (there should be text file)?

and where (laptop or krc)?

This is the first time I hear that someone wants to do it the way you want to do it.

My guess:

you are actually trying to install kss software on your laptop and the installer can not find the needed information in the registry and therefore stops the installation.

Check where the text file is located!

It also could be a file with the extension .tmp in root directory

• As I remember:

Calling setup.exe over ethernet the software tries to install the software on your laptop.

Running setup using rdp your laptop is just monitor, keyboard and mouse and setup.exe will install the software on the robot controller

Advertising from our partners