SafeMove2 Upper Arm Geometry -- rigid or moving?

• I've been setting up some Upper Arm Geometry on some IRC5s recently, to cover the elbow-to-wrist volume of the robot. Especially since I have some bulky brackets mounted to the forearm in that area that need to be taken into account for the Safety Zones.

But I found that, as Axis 4 rotate, the UAG does not. This is inconvenient, since I wanted to make a minimal geometry that bulged out further only on the side where the brackets protruded from the forearm.

But when I did so, I saw that when rotating Axis 4, the dress brackets on the forearm would rotate out of the envelope covered by the UAG. Despite being "mounted to the robot upper arm, the geometry doesn't seem to rotate with the arm. Instead, at the moment, it looks like I'll have to make a "fat" cylinder centered on the Axis 4, wide enough to cover the volume "swept" by the forearm brackets through Axis 4's entire range of motion.

Annoying, but I think I can deal with it. Still, I thought I'd ask if this matches other users' experience, and if anyone knows of a way to get the UAG to rotate with Axis 4?

• Is there a button or box drop down in which you see "attach" or something like that?

Not that I've seen. The "mounting" appears to be based on where in the tree you place the geometry. Geometry under the "tool" branch attached to the Axis 6 flange, and geometry under the "robot" branch appears to attach to a point near the intersection of Axes 3&4. There's data entry areas for the location and size of the geometry, but nothing to "mount" it.

Advertising from our partners