In repeat mode- It is possible Pg

• arun_AR

I would love to see the 'big picture here', as what I am reading, I think I may be mis-reading things.

Imposing restrictions (for good reasons) should be understood between programmer and end user.

You will never 100% make a system 'human proof', but applying too much can also reduce the 'freedom' to the end user in using their own purchased/owned equipment.

I am not criticising, but offering points of consideration.

1. What if they use teach mode and move robot to unsafe start position and leave there before start.

Have you any check to ensure robot will not wipe something out?

2. Your PLC.

- Sends the relevant bits to select which subroutine is called.

Why is your PLC not controlling the priming of pg0 using automatic output from robot also?

3. Your Subroutines.

- Are checking for a watchdog value set in pg0.

No need for watchdog if you set in the subroutines to re-read the PLC bits and carry out HALT instead.

4. Your autostart program.

- When in repeat and motor power on and cycle start on, will attempt to kill and prime pg0.

This will result in an instant 'Cannot KILL program that is running' error and stop the autostart task.

5. Problem with uncontrolled priming of program.

If robot stops mid production run end user will not see program and step of failure due to prime.

6. SYSDATA command.

- You cannot remove change step functionality - 'A' button and up/dwn cursors always allow change.

You can use SYSDATA(MSTEP) command to read step no. for comparison check.

7. WHICHTASK command.

You can use command for checking program in program window is correct.

8. PRIME command also has additional parameters.

Used in conjunction with WHICHTASK could ensure correct program is primed.

Used in conjunction with SYSDATA(MSTEP) value, could force correct step is always used.

9. How is the robot actually going to be started for production run for motor power and cycle start.

- Teach Pendant or PLC/HMI?

What you are planning/agreement with end user may suffice already, but always worthwhile exploring other options for application to make sure best methods are applied to full fill requirements.

Advertising from our partners