ABB ROBOT PC Interface

• Hi to everyone,

I am using ABB Robot. Currently i am using Robot studio and PC Interface in service port. I need to know can we use PC interface and Robot studio in LAN port or in WAN port?

Its possible to use in LAN or WAN port?

Thanks in Advance

• First we need to know what controller you are using. Robot and software version will also help. But yes, most likely you will be able to do that. The question is, What are you trying to accomplish by doing this?

• Elderwild i am using IRC5 controller. I am using profinet IO's also.

if we can use PC Interface in LAN port means I can use Profinet and PC interface in single cable.

its possible to use profinet and PC interface in single cable???..

Thanks in Advance

• Regrettably, I can not give you a solid answer. I am no IRC5 expert, nor am I that familiar with Profinet. I suggest looking through the ABB library for setup instructions for your particular Profi Card. There is almost always a way, but some ways are better than others.

• Elderwild i am using IRC5 controller. I am using profinet IO's also.

if we can use PC Interface in LAN port means I can use Profinet and PC interface in single cable.

its possible to use profinet and PC interface in single cable???..

Thanks in Advance

Assuming you have the PC Interface option it is possible. For this, change the IP settings of the PROFINET network from LAN3 to WAN. Plug the cable to the WAN port and use correct IP settings for PROFINET and the WAN port.

Advertising from our partners