Fanuc Robot - Backup Battery Feedback?

• Hello All! This will be my first post to the forum.. Hopefully I can help as much as I ask for it :smiling_face:

I would like to pick your brains and know if anyone is aware of a $variable that holds the backup battery voltage? Specifically the mechanical units 6V battery.

The reason for this is I am setting up a trial robot using the EXOFF functionality of the E-Stop board. The software I have wrote looks at various conditions already to trigger the output as well as the batt alarm(UO) to inhibit the output.

What I want to do is continuously monitor the battery voltage and send this to the PLC to display on the HMI screen I already have setup for this function. This will be a tool used to track voltage drop against power off time.

Thank you in advance for any help in finding this information.

Sean.

• Hi

I called Fanuc USA on Friday, regarding a similar issue

I asked if there is a way to find out how much life is left on the batteries and the answer was "Unfortunately there is nothing"

I guess the alarm goes off electronically once it reach a certain value and that's it

Retired but still helping

• Hi

I called Fanuc USA on Friday, regarding a similar issue

I asked if there is a way to find out how much life is left on the batteries and the answer was "Unfortunately there is nothing"

I guess the alarm goes off electronically once it reach a certain value and that's it

I was hoping there was an overlooked variable that is monitored by the robots software to flag when <=3.6V. I will continue to look into it and let you know if I get anything.

Advertising from our partners