Kuka KRC2 communication with Mitsubishi PLC

• Hello everyone,

This is my first post on robot-forum and i hope it will be a great experience. Now, i am thinking to take a job with the Kuka KRC2 robot for palletizing, i have doubts about how to establish communication between KUKA KRC2 Controller and Mitsubishi FX5 DP-M (Profibus master module).

What i need to know before taking the project, what hardware configuration KRC2 needs to have for communication with Profibus master protocol?

I got an idea how to configure Mitsubishi PLC to work with Profibus equipment, but I'm not sure about KRC2 side.

Thanks for any kind of answer. :smiling_face:

• KRC2 would need Profibus option. it is a card installed in Kuka PC. it can be configured as master or slave. check forum search for eamples.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• KRC2 has ethernet ports but there is no driver to use them.

one could use EtherentKRL (add on software) or EthernetIP (add on hardware).

one could also make own workaround to EthernetKRL, for example through KukaVarProxy or C3Bridge.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• KRC2 would need Profibus option. it is a card installed in Kuka PC. it can be configured as master or slave. check forum search for eamples.

Thanks for the answer, i will carry out research on topics about PLC and KRC2. :thumbs_up::smiling_face:

Advertising from our partners