What's the story with Profinet addresses in WorkVisual

• When using the IO Mapping editor in WorkVisual, the Profinet addresses have a weird format.
    The first input has in the Name column "02:01:0001 Input" ... and in the Address column "18.0"

The next ...0002 and 18.1

And the next 0003 and 18.2 ...

Where does this start address "18.0" come from?

From the PLC side I assign a starting address for KUKA inputs and outputs so my 0001 input becomes to the PLC maybe Q140.0 ... the next one Q140.1 etc.

Can I change the 18.0 so that it will match my actual PLC addresses?
    Figuring out what address my Profinet 0072 Input has on the PLC side is annoying.

• i don't see why... nobody will see it anyway.

this is part of the fieldbus transport mechanism, it is not used to comment/document particular configuration of your cell. address you see in WoV is internal, determined by inner working of fieldbus driver, used GSDML and selection you make when populating modules in your device. it has no relation to mapping on PLC end, the only thing you know is size and order of each bit/byte. nothing more. you can map it to whatever address you like.

but if you want to create some sort of reference, you can rename the "visible" part of the address using signal editor. still nobody will see this on a smartPad, it is extra work and it may change the order of signals and create more confusion...

normally one would add such reference in a symbol editor... then the reference would be seen even on smartPad. Also this can be easily done more comfortably by export/import to CSV and editing in Excel.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Ok.
    So there is no way to change the address in the "Address" column, only the name.

Like you have for "Q140.0 Move Enable" but the address showing 2.0.

No way to make this "Address column" show 140.0 aswell?

Advertising from our partners