fanuc arcmate weld start

• I have written a very simple weld test program. All movements work perfectly and the program goes through the cycle without errors but none of the DO's operate. If the speed is less that 100% you get the error "override must be 100%" when the program comes to "Arc Start[1]".

I have assigned the weld i/o's as follows:

Weld out

[Voltage] AO[1]

[Wire feed] AO[2]

[Weld start] DO[1]

[Gas start] DO[2]

[Inch forward] DO[3]

[Inch backwards] DO[4]

Weld in

[Voltage] AI[1]

[Current] AI[2]

When the wire feed forward or backwards buttons on the TP are pressed the DO[3] and DO[4] turn on and off as expected.

In the Weld I/O DO[2] DO[3] and DO[4] can be turned on/off. But is is not possible to change DO[1], you cannot get the cursor into the on/off field.

I feed it is something simple, maybe a system variable.

But I am at my wits end.

Jerry.

• Yes, weld enable is ON. I even have a line in the program AWEPOR[1].$ARC_ENABLE=1.

The €100 bounty is still available.

Jerry.

• I/O setup is as follows:

Weld out

[Voltage ] AO[1]

[Wire feed ] AO[2]

[Weld start ] DO[1]

[Gas start ] DO[2]

[Inch forward ] DO[3]

[Inch backwards] DO[4]

Weld in

[Voltage ] AI[1]

[Current ] AI[2]

When the wire forward or backwards buttors are pressed on the TP the DO[3] and DO[4] turn on and off as expected.

When the Digital I/O’s are selected it is possible to switch on and off the outputs.

When the Weld I/O’s are selected it is possible to change the outputs of Gas start, inch forward and inch backwards. But on the Weld start the cursor will not go into the status field. This field is always “Off”. But it is possible to change all the others.

Jerry

• I/O Config is as follows:

Range Rack Slot Start Status

1 DO[1-16] 1 2 1 ACTIV

2 DO[17-512] 0 0 0 UNASIG

AO Rack Slot Channel

1 1 4 1

2 1 4 2

3 0 0 0

etc

AI Rack Slot Channel

1 1 3 1

2 1 3 2

3 1 3 3

4 1 3 4

5 0 0 0

etc.

Jerry.

• Is it in Dry run mode? Should be able to check from the FCTN menu or the system variable $AP_DSPDRYRN. Make sure that variable is set to False or 0.

Did you ensure the Arc Tool setup is correct in the Controlled start menu?

There is also a note in the manual about setting ICOM3 to the B position on the Process I/O board if you are using analog and digital signals. It says it must be set with the power off.

• Is it in Dry run mode? Should be able to check from the FCTN menu or the system variable $AP_DSPDRYRN. Make sure that variable is set to False or 0.

In the "Test Cycle" screen "Dry Run is turned off. There is no system variable $AP_DSDRYRN.

Did you ensure the Arc Tool setup is correct in the Controlled start menu?

The setup in the "Arc Tool Setup" of "Controlled Start" is Something like " General Purpose welder, voltage & Wire speed. I change this for the default Daedin.

There is also a note in the manual about setting ICOM3 to the B position on the Process I/O board if you are using analog and digital signals. It says it must be set with the power off.

I'm worried here. I don't think I have a "Process I/O board". The JD1A Port on the CPU is connected to the I/O unit Model A, AIF01A. It is in this module that have the DI, DO, AI and AO plug in modules.

In my manual there is no reference to ICOM3.

• Are your inputs turning on? Can you just simulate digital inputs to get a weld start?

When I select Digital I/O I can turn on and off all the outupts.

When I select Weld I/O I can turn on and off the Gas on/off, Inch forward of/off and inch backwards on/off. The cursor will not even go into the on/off field of Weld Start. It is permanently off.

Jerry.

• I may be looking at a different manual than you. Which model robot, controller, software type and version are you running?

Robot Fanuc ARC Mate 100iB

Controller Fanuc R-J3iB

Software Fanuc Arc Tool, 7D82/99, copyright 2007.

Jerry.

• Dear Jerry Did you found a solution ? I have the same problems with weld DO´s.

I already tried many configurations in WELD IO, but nothing happens with weld start output.

Advertising from our partners