CAN'T JOG KUKA KRC 2 IN AUTOMATIC MODE

• Hello guys,

Recently we bought a KUKA KRC 2 KR-60 robot and for some reason we can't jog the robot in the automatic mode. I don't know the reason since you should be able to JOG the robot, we can only jog the robot in T1 and T2 modes. I checked the SPS and there is only a piece of code for when you select the EXT operation mode to automaticaly start a main program.

I will attach 2 pictures, I hope you can point me in the good directions... thank you in advance!

• of course you cannot.... if you want to jog, you need to switch back to T1 or T2. that is by design. should read the manual. actually on newer robot systems jogging is only permitted in T1.

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• I know that when the robot is running in the AUT mode I should run the first move holding the switch from the back and pressing start and after that press start one more tine and it should execute the program.

How I should troubleshoot the problem that drivers are not ready since when I hold the switch from the back it dosent produce any sound...?

Could be the problem that the signal "DRIVES_ON" is on $IN165?

• you really need to read the manual....

robot will not move unless drives are enabled. (or you get message 1376 active command required).

to enable/disable drives:

In T1 mode = hold/release enabling switch

in T2 mode = hold/release enabling switch

in AUT mode = press "drives on" / "drives off" buttons (they are located next to EStop)

in EXT mode = use inputs to activate "drives on" / "drives off". this is configured in AutoExternal interface.

btw most of mapped signals in AutoExternal interface also work in other modes (move enable, athome, inT1 mode etc). some of the signals only work in EXT mode. that includes confmess,extstart and driveson

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Could be the problem that the signal "DRIVES_ON" is on $IN165?

Not for AUT mode. In AUT mode, the drives are turned on from the button on the front of the pendant. $DRIVES_ON only applies in EXT mode. The drives on/off buttons for AUT mode are located next to the E-Stop on the front of the pendant.

I know that when the robot is running in the AUT mode I should run the first move holding the switch from the back and pressing start

In AUT mode, the deadman enabler on the back of the pendant should not function at all. You would normally run the first step of the program in T1, to get BCO, then switch to AUT, turn on the motors, then hit start.

• Thank you for the replies! I really want to start learning sistematic about the programming of the Kuka Robots. Could you guys suggest me an order with what should I start?

Should I start with the manual "Operating and programming instructions for system intergratos"? Maybe also take a course in the future.

Advertising from our partners