KUKA Drives ready light - X53 Port

• Hello all

I have a KUKA Drives ready light that plugs into the X53 Port on the front of the KUKA controller. It is not lighting up. Anyone know how to get it to work?

I assume when the "I" box is green in motion conditions, this light would turn on, but it doesn't. Just for sanity check I also tried jogging in T1, running programs in AUT, and it is still dark

Anyone have the manual Optional Interfaces? (scribd wants money of course https://www.scribd.com/documen…C4-Optional-Interfaces-En)

Thanks!

• kwakisaki

Approved the thread.
  • Did you change any safety configurations? Since you are able to move the robot:

1. Is the cable plugged in to X53

2. Is X53 internally not accidently disconnected

3. See if you get any voltage from X53

4. If I recall, sometimes you have to check off a box that says something with "contactors" in it.

• check schematics. this is UL option/feature. in case of a standard KRC4 this is implemented through pair of relays Q5/Q6. so for lamp to be on, CCU fuse F310 need to be ok, Q5/Q6 need to be energized, fuse F53 need to be ok, lamp need to be ok and wired correctly.

this still depends on type of safety interface and configuration. check value for "Input signal for peripheral contactor (US2)". normally it should be set to "from KRC" so that lamp turns on when drives are enabled. optionally this could also be controlled from external PLC.

but using setting for external PLC only works when that PLC is actually a safety PLC and KRC safety interface is through fieldbus rather than X11.

if you choose "not used" then Q5/Q6 will never be turned on and lamp will be off.

on KRC4 compact this is done slightly differently (there are no Q5/Q6).

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

• Thanks for the help, I found that indeed my "Input signal to peripheral contactor US2)" was set to not used

I changed it to from KRC, but then I got two errors. Safety config checksum, and safety stop

When I reverted back to "not used" it was ok again

I checked the wiring inside, it is indeed plugged into Q5/Q6. Specifically Q6

Any ideas what I can do next?

• any tome something is changed in safety configuration, new checksum is created and value will be different from previous checksum. this is used to sense if someone did make changes but it does not point to specific change.

when safety configuration is changed, it must be activated before robot can run. so new checksum will become the active one.

this requires login as one of the Safety accounts...

1) read pinned topic: READ FIRST...

2) if you have an issue with robot, post question in the correct forum section... do NOT contact me directly

3) read 1 and 2

Advertising from our partners