Fanuc Auto Speed Limiting

• Hello All.

We have a cell with 4 FANUC ArcMate 100ic Running with System R-30iA all working off of the same pendent. All Robots are used for Mig Welding.

The issue We're running into has to do with limiting the Max Speed of the robots.

We've spent most of our time up until now running everything in teach to learn how the machines work and to get parts off ASAP.

We're now in a spot where we are ready to run in Auto, but the speeds we used in teach are WAY too fast when running in auto.

This was a used cell and we'd like to relax the workload on the robots by reducing the max speed to the robots.

Because this is a mig weld cell, we must run in 100% override to allow them to weld.

The hope was that we'd be able to do this without going through every single point in every single program to reduce speed.

We've attempted to change the $MCR_GRP[1].$PRGOVERRIDE variable, but when we ran the program, it reverted the variable back to 100%. I made sure i did this in a controlled start, changed the value to 50, and after the cold start I checked the variable and it still said 50. I ran a simple program, and checked the variable again and it was back to 100%.

I'm not sure where to go from here, so any help would be appreciated

• If anything you could always use replace under the "EDCMD" button to change all % movements to a desired speed, I know its still 40 programs but at least you don't have to go line by line.

• You could set the program override to 50 75 whatever your need is and then in BGLogic you could use the same program override variable to set the speeds back to 100 IF arc detect was ON

• Sorry for the late response to this, got pulled off onto a different project for a while.

I went with the find and replace option to slow down all of my moves and it worked quite well.

Thanks to everyone for their thoughts on this!

Advertising from our partners