Utilities for the robot programmer

• ULTRAEDIT

Download UE, install , launch it and close it
    Copy robots.txt and rename it robots.uew
    Look at picture and see where robot.uew is pasted
    Run UE again and look at the picture again to see all the robot languages
    That's it, write a Motoman program and you'll see the different colours on the commands, variables etc

robots.uew by courtesy of Jim Tyrer
    jpg by courtesy of Lloyd

My 2 cents contribution
    For example In Motoman the SPEED command is not coloured
    The solution is to open robot.uew with Wordpad, find where all the Motoman commands are and then add it. Save robot.uew
    Once you restart UE again you will have SPEED coloured

• I never got on that well with Ultra Edit the few times i tried it (everyone i talk to swears by it though), i prefer Textpad (just because i was introduced to it first probably), which can do all the syntax highlighting stuff, but it cant do automatic indenting (if then else etc....), so maybe i shall have to give UltraEdit another look.

• Yes. I am using the trial version of UltraEdit for now, and it works well.

• Another free one - Notepad++ PE
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/notepadpluspe/

This software does everything UltraEdit does. I recently started using this because it can be run directly from a USB drive and takes less than 3 MB of space. The Motoman DX100 controller allows USB as a method for import/export of files. Now I can store files on the card and edit them from any PC around the shop.

• if U want leave me yuor e-mail adrres, thachief
    I have one good collor editor for nx programs (color_picker.dll)
    for Notepad++ of course

:love029:

• Hi Crveni:
    Thanks for your post, would you mind attaching the file.

I don't want to see hundreds of "mail it to me too" post after this one. I made this thread hoping on a quick search for help.

Thank you all and keep contributing !!!!

Retired but still helping

• Than u Somar,

The info that you attached for UE is good.

I use the wordfile.txt instead of robot.uew.

I have made a mix between your file and mine and works perfect for a lot of robot. (Attached)

Now the info for Kawasaki robots is best.

:dance2:

• Does anyone have a Motoman language for Notepad++?

• Tried the color picker plug in but Notepad++ rejected it ???

• For Randhir and others.....

1. The most common issue in regards to adding a wordfile is that the user is saving the wordfile into the wrong directory. There should be two "wordfiles" directories on your system:

1 - The UltraEdit installation directory (C:\Program Files\IDM Computer Solutions\UltraEdit\wordfiles) - Incorrect
    2 - The UltraEdit configuration directory (%appdata%\IDMComp\UltraEdit\wordfiles) - Correct

Unless you have specified otherwise, the config directory is used for your working copy of the wordfiles, therefore your new wordfile must be saved in this directory, and not in the Program Files directory. (You can access your %appdata% directory by pressing Windows Key + R, typing %appdata% and pressing Enter.)

Now you CAN see.... :yessir:

Advertising from our partners