3-axis robotic arm or 6-axis robotic arm

• The difference is: The amount of axis, one has 3 axis, the other one has six of them :winking_face:.

The consequence is that with the first you only have 3 degrees of freedom (and f. e. you only can control x, y and z), with the other one you have 6 degrees of freedom, and you can control all 6 values for a destination position.

What you need? : Nobody knows, but you.

An UI for non existing robot doesn't make sense, in my opinion, and if I where you I would have begun with the robot, not with the UI, the UI is the easier part.

• In another thread you are asking about the dh parameters.

There are some robot projects using arduino e.g. here or here (both are 6 axes robots) or already prebuild here

All examples using 6 rotary axes (standard robot).

There are also gantry robots (a1,a2, and a3: linear axes; a4, a5 and a6: rotary axis)

There are also 3 axes machines with a1, a2 and a3 as linear axes (e. g. used as destacker)

As hermann said:

choose the type of robot do you want to build.

Ask your specific questions

• A good news, I purchased a 6-axis robotic arm and implemented it to grab through a serial screen and arduino uno.

External Content www.youtube.com
    Content embedded from external sources will not be displayed without your consent.
    Through the activation of external content, you agree that personal data may be transferred to third party platforms. We have provided more information on this in our privacy policy.

• Well done indeed.

Even though the UNO outputs can deliver the required current for the SG90 servo's, I would recommend using an intermediate driver board just to protect the UNO outputs from overload and damage.

Especially if you are planning to implement co-ordinated joint motions.

Thanks for sharing.....:top:

Advertising from our partners