SIMPLE SPLINE BLOCK WITH VELOCITY 0 m/s PROBLEM

• Hi! I'm programming a simple spline block:

SPLINE

SLIN XPlasma_T_P2_DX

SLIN XPlasma_T_P3_DX

SPL XPlasma_T_P5_DX SLIN XPlasma_T_P6_DX

ENDSPLINE

I get message Velocity 0 m/s at point XPlasma_T_P3_DX (kink in ABC path)... what does it mean? I want last SLIN, SPL, SLIN before the end to be executed as a single movement... I have another spline with the same sequence but different points and everithing is just fine... any tips?

• As the message says you programmed a corner into your Spline. This is quite easy to understand for the cartesian coordinates X,Y,Z. Try e.g. with your car to do an instantanious 90 degree direction change. It obvoius to everybody that this can not be done without stopping the car.

The same holds for orientation as well. This can only be avoided by smoothing the corner by using a SPL with orientation change between the connecting SLINs.

At least this was the reason most of the time when I had discussion in the past. Why does everybody always think the physics for orientation is different to the physics for translation. AFAIK they coexist in the same universe and therfore have to stick to the same rules :smiling_face:.

Fubini

Advertising from our partners