How to start/reset/pause a robot program remotly with two different divice (HMI and remote control) without PLC

• Hello everyone,

just a simple question, is it possible to start/stop/reset a robot program with a remote control and an HMI, without a PLC ?

I'm using a FANUC CR-7iA/L with a R30iB mate plus controller and a Pro-face HMI.

I'm already using a remote control to do those things with the UOP, but I would like to do the same with my HMI and his smartphone/PC application to be able to start the robot or reset him remotely. And I want to have those two options available. I already figured out that my HMI can do it, but not with my remote control at the same time

I thought of using interconnection, like perhaps instead of connecting directly my remote to the UOP, connect it to some DI used at the same time by my HMI. However, while trying to do so I find out that UOP aren't in the interconnect menu.

I know it's possible to do so with a PLC, but I wanted to know if there is a way to do without.

Thanks for taking the time to read my request and for anyone who puts a thought on it.

• You could create a BG Logic routine that monitors standard DIs or Registers and then turns on Flags. The Flags would be mapped to your UOP signals.

Then any external device that can write to a DI or Register would have UOP control.

• Hi HawkME thanks for responding.

However, I'm sorry, but I don't quite understand what your saying.

For me, I understood that I need to write in my BG Logic something like :

if (DI[1:BP_Start]=off), JMP LBL1

F[1:UOP_Start]=(ON)

LBL [1]

And so on for the reset and pause, and I need to change my UOP to correspond to the rack of flag like

UI 2: HOLD, rack = 34, slot = 1 and start = 1

UI 3: Fault reset, rack = 34, slot = 1 and start = 2

UI 6: Start, rack = 34, slot =1 and start = 3

Am I right?

Advertising from our partners