Moving fanuc robot to a position using non-blocking karel function

• Hello,

I have a set of cartesian coordinates that I want to robot to move to.

1. What are the different KAREL functions that allow me to move the robot to this position?
    2. Are these functions blocking? Is there a way to do this in a "non-blocking manner" ?

Your help is much appreciated :help:

• Officially, modern Fanuc robots do not support Karel motion. Technically, they do, but only for single motion groups. Fanuc's recommendation is that all motion should be handled in teach pendant programming.

What version of robot are you using?

What do you mean by blocking and non-blocking?

• Thank you for your reply, I am using the R-2000iC/165F on roboguide.

This is exactly what I'm doing:

I'm streaming 6 numbers from my PC to a KAREL server I wrote on roboguide through socket messaging. These 6 numbers correspond to the position coordinates I want the robot to move to. Once I have these coordinates, I need to pass them on to the robot. How do you recommend I do this?

But after sending these coordinates to the robot, if I get another set of coordinates from my PC, I need to be able to immediately update the target position and make the robot move to the new target even if it hasn't finished the previous motion. This is what I mean by "non-blocking". Is there a way to do this? With position registers maybe?

Advertising from our partners